Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes guys, I'm starting a business. I'm going to make custom performance parts for the Element. I am starting with exhaust systems. I know you guys want them.

Anyway, I'm posting this to see who wants to prototype the systems. I only have one Element, so I can only prototype one myself. Any of them are available for prototyping; the prototypes will probably just be simple bent, the production versions I will have manufactured with TIG welds and mandrel bends, therefore the prototypes will be cheaper.

If you want to prototype, you can contact me at any time, and I will actually let them use my Element to make sure everything fits properly. Once I know everything works, I will ship the systems out to you. You just drive around with them and tell me what you like and don't like, and take lots of photos. That's all I ask.

If you're interested, drop me an email at [email protected] or contact me on AIM at qsilver074. I'm usually online, and if I'm not I can check my email.

Anyway, here are the systems. I will need the money first, that way I don't go building a prototype and then having someone not pay. Unfortunately this is the only way I can do it currently, I am one guy with limited funds trying to start a little parts company. I am trustworthy, ask HEK or MatT3T4, they both know me from elsewhere.

Here are the three exhaust systems that need to be prototyped. Remember, I am just engineering these, and they aren't production versions, so I cannot guarantee any huge dyno increase (although theoretically every single one should produce some sort of power gain).

SPORT EXHAUST SYSTEM:

- Stock Diameter 1.75-inch Piping (Coated Steel)
- Mini Resonator
- Flowmaster Stainless Steel Muffler
- Stock Exhaust Exit Location
- Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip

SEMI-RACE EXHAUST SYSTEM

- Enlarged 2.5-inch Piping (Coated Steel)
- Borla XS Stainless Steel Muffler
- Exhaust Exits on Side of Rear Bumper
- Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip

FULL RACE EXHAUST SYSTEM
(Note: This may not meet sound requirements for your area, due to its full race, non-resonated status. A silencer is available.)

- Enlarged 2.5-inch Piping (Coated Steel)
- APEX'i N1 Racing Muffler
- Stock Exhaust Exit Location

NOTICE: This exhaust may require modification of the Element stock exhaust mounting locations to fit correctly in its place.

Anyway, if you want to prototype (I hope some people do)drop me a line. I'm posting here first because I think there should be some demand.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well QSilver, it looks like a good idea, however, I thought you might like to hear my idea. I would like a (for lack of a better description)truckers smokestack! It would come out behind the rear wheel, go straight up, have a heat shield so no one would get burned, and at the top would be, of course, a "flip top hat". You know.......

Anyway, that's my idea, as I seem to have made mine look along the lines of a safari wagon, with a big square bumper guard in front and a roof mounted spotlight on the roof; capable of wandering thru the Serengetti Wastelands with no problem, fording streams with no way to submerge the exhaust.

Whatcha tink?

Ger

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: It sounds ultra hick to me, but if you want it, I'll make it as a one-time custom run... :)

You'd also need to run the intake snorkel-type system all the Jeep CJs have. The best route of action would be for me to build an intake that actually would go through the hood and have a little pointed cone top over an old musclecar-style carburetor air cleaner. The hood would have to be custom fabbed at the body shop.

If you want to do safari, that's my course of action. Get yourself some DX steelies and paint those black too.

When Honda engineered the Element, they built the car to where it could ford streams up to 6 inches above the bottom door seam. No ****.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts