Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 548 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are at least a few of us who are using our Elements to make this world a better place, one dog at a time, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could post pics of some of our work.

I'll start . . . :)

This is Tobey. (if my photos attach, that is) He's my first E transport! On Saturday, July 7th, I drove a leg (Englewood to Columbus, Ohio) of his trip from a MO foster home to his forever home in MA.

--Kellie

Attachments

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Oh he's beautiful! His new family is gonna love him!!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
OH, I so gotta get in on this one...

I'll just post one every now and then until I get caught up.

This one is Gretta, she came into rescue as an owner surrender. Her humans were in a bad car accident and just couldn't physically care for her any more. So they asked us to find her a good home, which we did.

Ms Gretta was my first rescue transport in our E... less than two weeks after we bought it!

greta_10-01-06.jpg

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
bh241 said:
I'll just post one every now and then until I get caught up.

This one is Gretta, she came into rescue as an owner surrender. Her humans were in a bad car accident and just couldn't physically care for her any more. So they asked us to find her a good home, which we did.

Ms Gretta was my first rescue transport in our E... less than two weeks after we bought it!

View attachment 36983
OMG, what a face...and so happy. More, more, more! I love my big dogs :D

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
gisele said:
OMG, what a face...and so happy. More, more, more! I love my big dogs :D
OK, one more for tonight, and then I'll stand back and let some others get theirs posted. Honestly, there are quite a few... :) I've been a busy little boy. :)

Ok, this one might not count, but she's special. This is Missy, i pulled her from a shelter down in rural South Carolina. She was in pretty bad shape, I actually had to carry her out of the shelter because she was too weak to walk out.
081906_1723b.JPG

I decided then and there that I finally had done something worthwhile. You see, she was the first rescue I made.... and well because of her, I kept doing this.

Missy, was a very sick doggy, we weren't sure if she would live through the night, but given the chance, and a good bit of vet work, she's no longer infested with heartworms, and other parasites. I talked with her adopted family last week, and she is doing great. That's the part I love, hearing from them after they have been in a home for a good while.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
bh241 said:
OK, one more for tonight, and then I'll stand back and let some others get theirs posted. Honestly, there are quite a few... :) I've been a busy little boy. :)

Ok, this one might not count, but she's special. This is Missy, i pulled her from a shelter down in rural South Carolina. She was in pretty bad shape, I actually had to carry her out of the shelter because she was too weak to walk out.
View attachment 36988

I decided then and there that I finally had done something worthwhile. You see, she was the first rescue I made.... and well because of her, I kept doing this.

Missy, was a very sick doggy, we weren't sure if she would live through the night, but given the chance, and a good bit of vet work, she's no longer infested with heartworms, and other parasites. I talked with her adopted family last week, and she is doing great. That's the part I love, hearing from them after they have been in a home for a good while.
Yeah Benny!!!!!! Yeah Missy's family!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the rescuers that save the two-legged and four-legged kind -g

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Thanks from me and the Gidg to all you big-hearted rescuers who give of yourselves and your time so that these pups can have a better life. God bless you! :)

You inspire me and give me hope and comfort that there is so much goodness and so many great people in the world.

Any rescue operations -- national, regional or local -- that you can vouch for so that those of us who maybe can't or won't ferry or foster pups, can at least write a check to help buy them food and medicine?

I've supported Samoyed rescue and some groups (like Noah's Wish http://www.noahswish.org/) that helped out with Hurricane Katrina, but confess to not doing enough.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hiker chick said:

Any rescue operations -- national, regional or local -- that you can vouch for so that those of us who maybe can't or won't ferry or foster pups, can at least write a check to help buy them food and medicine?

I have links to two in my sig that I can recommend -- Dogs Deserve Better and Tri State Collie Rescue. I do work for both and adopted my girl, Shae (below), from TSCR.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
hiker chick said:

I've supported Samoyed rescue and some groups (like Noah's Wish http://www.noahswish.org/) that helped out with Hurricane Katrina, but confess to not doing enough.

HC, I gotta put a plug in for NC Saint Rescue. We commonly have a 'project' or two. Our latest being Lily. We're looking at months of treatment before this one will be better.

Honestly, any shelter/rescue that is making an effort could use the support. Not only money (which is a godsend by the way) but also simple things, a blanket, a few towels, a bowel, even a dog or cat toy. The list could go on and on.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
My aussie is a rescue herself, coming from being raised her first 8 months locked in a shed with her mom and the rest of her litter. She was physically healthy but a mental wreck and it took around a year before she started acting like a normal dog all the time.

I'd post pics but my site is down :( I'll see if I can put one up later.

In the meantime, I'll put in a plug for ARPH (Aussie Rescue and Placement Helpline). They do great work and they're very careful with their placement of the wigglebutts.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sissy

I am with Italian Greyhound Rescue Foundation a 501c (3) organization.

Sissy Sue is my current foster. She has neurological issues including nystigmus, spinning, mega-esophagus and low motility. She came to us very lethargic and uninvolved due to her condition and the lack of nutrition due to the inability to keep her food down. Due to her mulitple issues and a lack of people wanting to care for a special needs IG, she has been 'written off' by rescue (understandably, as money doesn't grow on trees for rescue) thus her issues are not support financially except for the normal vaccinations etc. She is currently on four medications and has to be held after her feeding for several minutes to let gravity do what her esophagus cannot.

We have her care down to a fine science and she is doing exceptionally well, here are pictures from 7-2-07. In one she is a blurr and the other she is being vicious! As you can see she is doing great. If anyone would like to help Sissy please let me know (PM me). We would like to adopt her out to a family close by. She comes with built-in babysitters (lol).

Follow my link below for adoption information for several sighthound breeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Time for another formally homeless pup.

Meet Tonka - the first Saint that I actually delivered to his new family with the E.

Tonka, lost his original home just before the 'owner's' new baby arrived. He loves babies, children, and adults. It doesn't surprise us, after all he is a Saint.

He needed a bit of work with a lead, but he truly is an exceptional pup.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
:) He looks like such a happy, bright-eyed boy!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
A multi-dog transport

here's the first multi-passenger transport (not counting my personal dogs) that I did in the E.

I left out early in time morning and drove to Marion and picked up "Fluffy" at the Animal Hospital of Marion. Then I came back down toward Shelby where I met and picked up "Daphine", an owner surrender. From there, we drove to meet another transporter near Albermarle. There we swapped dogs, and I carried Sissy back to the Animal Hospital of Marion. Then made it home in time for supper.

Fluffy:

Daphine:

And an honorary saint, Sissy.

All three of these got adopted and are living in good homes. A day well spent.

OK, the question now is.... am I the only one doing this?? Come on, post a few. I got bunches more to go... and that's just the ones transported in the E. :)

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Sissy's Story

Here's a very sweet girl that was transported several times in the E. I picked her up from the sweet couple that 'rescued' her from some people that had basically 'used her up'. She had spent her life tied outside, and used as a breeding bitch.

The original 'owners' were actually going to take her to be euthanized when the couple that called us got involved. The 'new' owners soon discovered that Sissy needed a great deal of medical care, and they simply could not afford to give it to her. Thus, began a true rags to riches story.

She was treated for all her issues, and is presently living the life she so greatly deserves.

For more of her story, see the rescue's Sissy's Story Page.

Btw - how's this for my 1,000th post? worthy?

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Benny,
I am so enjoying your rescue tales and the happy endings for many (thus far). Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work. Many puppy tail wags and doggy kisses. -g

the perfect 1000th post, I'd say :smile:

·
Registered
5,265 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 548 Posts