Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure mine is NOT the only one in HongKong. I saw a metallic silver one, posssibly 2003-2005 version on the road, but now it is being sold in a second hand car market. I also saw a BLACK one.

Any Hongkongers driving Element? ??? why not form a little club.

Jeffrey

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Jeffery. i 'm always wondering how many Elements in hk. From what u know, less then 5? haha
I like this car alot.
How much is it in HK btw? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
price of Element in HK

those in Hong Kong are parallel products from Japan, right sided steering.
mine is HK$178000, some are asking 168000, depending the year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In HK, i think i only need a 2WD Element, which will cost less then AWD.
But around 170000hkd for a 03, not sure is a good deal or not. I never know how much is a new Element cost in HK. :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
In HK, i think i only need a 2WD Element, which will cost less then AWD.
But around 170000hkd for a 03, not sure is a good deal or not. I never know how much is a new Element cost in HK. :)
they stopped making elements for japan since the year 2005 i thinkk...........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My element model???

I'm still confused what my model is?
HOw can i know what my model is.

attached is the label under the hood. can someone tell me what my model is? 4WD AWD? ED? EX.. i am confused.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4wd

Thank you . so mine is 4WD, but by 4WD, i think the "Elephant", aka Element , is all ALWAYS 4 wheel drive. is it the case that when the front wheels lose traction, say when the road is slippery , then the power is transferred to the rear and become 4WD???

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Thank you . so mine is 4WD, but by 4WD, i think the "Elephant", aka Element , is all ALWAYS 4 wheel drive. is it the case that when the front wheels lose traction, say when the road is slippery , then the power is transferred to the rear and become 4WD???
not sure... but when the vehicle detects that one wheel is slipping, the rear differential will kick in, and it will become 4Wd...

·
Registered
107 Posts
not sure... but when the vehicle detects that one wheel is slipping, the rear differential will kick in, and it will become 4Wd...
Real time 4 wheel drive should be front wheel drive in normal situration. But become 4wheel drive when the front wheel start slip/lost traction.
and i think the owner manual mention this too??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, power is applied to the rear wheels whenever there is loss of any traction to the front wheels. This happens in thousands of a second, so practically instantaneously.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i hate that 4WD feature..... i can manage the snow / hydroplains myself, i dont need a real time system to suddenly kick in for me.... tried too many times... i correct, the car corrects then it becomes over corrected and the consequnce is worse than the inital slip!

i turn the VSA off whenever i see loose gravel roads, snow and water!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't feel anything wrong with the 4wd so far.
I'm ok with my civic on snow with proper tires too. but why not have 4wd when i need it.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you for your info.
NOw i know what my E is.

by the way, i want to buy the retractable cargo cover. but some online shops , don't allow overseas order.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Or you can paypal someone here, and have one of the EOCers buy it for you and ship it to you...just a suggestion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts