Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just surfing the honda.co.jp website and it looks like the Element will be going to Japan. I say 'going' because they will all be produced in Ohio and then exported to all the different countries. I think that's pretty cool.

Some funny things I noticed, The japanese Elements will get cigarette lighters, mounted just like the Hazard button, but on the opposite side. They also will get ash trays, mounted in the cubby hole that the DX has instead of the subwoofer. On that note, they will not get a subwoofer, it's not even an option. But the one I want is the electronic retractable sideview mirrors.

---------------

---------------

---------------

·
Registered
894 Posts
I want that little console that fits the parking brake. I wonder if that fits the NA model and if it could possibly be imported into Canada?

Iskie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Isn't that console pretty much the same one that the EX has? Looks familiar to me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a console on the EX? I haven't been in a Element since I put in my order. I will know for sure on Wednesday when I get mine. I had thought with all of the kvetch about consoles there wasn't one.

Iskie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:936fc2a948="M Ornett"]Isn't that console pretty much the same one that the EX has? Looks familiar to me.[/quote:936fc2a948]

Our console has 3 cup holders... theirs has 4. But I still thought it was worth posting :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ah. Domo arigoto, Mr. Roboto. :lol:

Iskie

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wonder if the Element is going to be everywhere Honda is.

It is interesting how carefully Honda and others have tailored their vehicles to particular American tastes. I had thought the Element, like the (North American) Civic and Accord, were not going to be exported. Well, good for Japan. I wonder if they will like it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Notice the top picture with the cigraette lighter. Take that part and replace it with the one that comes with ours and add the start button from the 2000 into the cigarette spot....it could be really cool.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In that picture, both front seats have seatback loops and bungees. I only have them on the driver's seat and the back-left seat. I'm assuming that's another difference between the US and Japan Elements, but would like confirmation. (Especially because having seat bungees only on the left side of the car has seemed somewhat odd to me ever since I got my Element).

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I took all those pics off the honda.co.jp website, so I guess they are going to have seat-back bungee cords on both sides. I don't know about the front, it doesn't mention it anywhere and there aren't any pics of them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a CD / MiniDisc Player, as far as I could tell it's what comes standard with the elements over there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
[quote:cf79837e17="daSlinky"]Does anyone know a good place to buy a MiniDisc player for a car?[/quote:cf79837e17]

No, but I have a portable Sharp MD player/recorder I'd let go for very cheap. It's about 3 years old. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I already have a portable MD player. It's the sport model from sony (im constantly throwing it around and it still works great!!! another reason i like the element!!! i can make messes and its fine! 8) )

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really dig those gauges on the center console. And the extra cigarette/ac power hole is great.
Although I would prefer it on the drivers side (the japanese version driver is on the right). Its a pain to plug in the cel phone to the one on the passenger side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there...

Does anyone know the actual PART NUMBER for the Japanese CD/Minidisc stereo???? I can find a TON of Mazda CD/MD factory stereo parts on line, but NOTHING for the Element, and I KNOW its available over there...

My Mom has an Element and an Explorer Sport Trac...I installed a Toyota Supra Pioneer factory CD/Minidisc/Cassette double din unit in her Ford, and she LOVES it...its even the exact same color blue as the truck's exterior!

So, I'd like to get her one of the factory Honda radios with minidisc. Surely someone must be able to get the model number....

Thanks everyone!
:twisted:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts