Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is intended to notify members when Elements show up in salvage yards, particularly U Pull type yards. Many of these yards will allow you to sign up to be notified when a particular vehicle arrives. To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "A salvage yard is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get."

When you become aware of an Element that is available, post a notice here identifying the salvage yard and city. Members can either go there themselves, or maybe request that a local member go and look for parts they need. Any transactions are solely the responsibility of those individuals.

Today: 2003 EX at Cincinnati U Pull and Pay Search Inventory - U-Pull-&-Pay : U-Pull-&-Pay (upullandpay.com)

Search Inventory - U-Pull-&-Pay : U-Pull-&-Pay (upullandpay.com)

·
Registered
2007 Canadian-Spec EX-P, Tango Red
15 Posts
Torontonians and Southern Ontario residents:
There are two Elements at scrapyards in the GTA – one apparently at Green Lane auto wreckers, and another somewhere in Brampton. Currently inquiring about getting the Titanium-colour dash panels from the Green Lane '07 model (it's a manual too! – sigh) and the front bumper and rear cargo floor cover from either one. I'll keep this space updated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Torontonians and Southern Ontario residents:
There are two Elements at scrapyards in the GTA – one apparently at Green Lane auto wreckers, and another somewhere in Brampton. Currently inquiring about getting the Titanium-colour dash panels from the Green Lane '07 model (it's a manual too! – sigh) and the front bumper and rear cargo floor cover from either one. I'll keep this space updated.
Welp, apparently in the interium between posting their ad and now, Green Lane has crushed the EX Manual that they had. I think they crushed my heart too.

Edit: I've visited the one at Nu Way Auto and it's in rough shape... some interior panels and lights are worth looking at for anybody around here needing such parts. Here's the car, peeling paint and all:

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,369 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread fleetw00d! We have needed this for quite awhile and I'm sure it will benefit a lot of people on this site in the weeks and months to come! :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Welp, apparently in the interium between posting their ad and now, Green Lane has crushed the EX Manual that they had. I think they crushed my heart too.
Makes me sad too! : - (

But there's no stopping these boneyard boys when they get crush-happy. : - (

I have this getting ancient '97 Ford Aerostar mini van. 300K miles and still kicking! A few years back I was in my local u pull it yard, and found an Aerostar with a really nice interior; basically everything I would have needed to get mine nice again. It was the very last car in a row of 12. So the next morning armed with all the tools I would need I paid my $3 to get in.................... but the whole row of cars was gone! They would have had to move 11 cars to get to the one I wanted! I could see the donor Aerostar in the fenced in "waiting to be crushed" area! I begged the workers to bring it back so I could get the parts I needed! But no amount of pleading had even the slightest effect on these guys. They said "whenever they go in that crusher area, they never come out until they're crushed"!

Yeah them boneyard boys are certainly a breed of their own!

Lesson to be learned: If you want it from a u pull it yard, ALWAYS buy it right then and there! :)

·
Registered
334 Posts

Edit: I've visited the one at Nu Way Auto and it's in rough shape... some interior panels and lights are worth looking at for anybody around here needing such parts. Here's the car, peeling paint and all:
View attachment 207478
Do you know what year the one at Nuway Auto is? And is it a manual or automatic, thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you know what year the one at Nuway Auto is? And is it a manual or automatic, thanks
Judging from the exterior I think it’s an ‘06 LX-P (or equivalent, was it called the Y Package?) 4AT with FWD - no sunroof, no fog lights, pre-refresh stereo unit and circular instrument cluster, and painted body panels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are 3 in central NH. I have been there they are two are pretty picked over the '07 is fairly intact.

Joe in NH

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Here are 3 in central NH. I have been there they are two are pretty picked over the '07 is fairly intact.

Joe in NH
Thanks Joe!

Oh Yeah! 3 Elements in that yard! They should call it "Element Heaven" instead! :)

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Two 2004 Es at Ft. Wayne, IN LKQ Pull a Part. I will be in Ft. Wayne tomorrow possibly with enough time to hit the yard. Anyone need anything?

Eidt: Nice front bumper on one of them (too large for the rental I was driving). Full set of five spoke wheels in pretty good shape.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts