Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this crazy idea of putting 16" Civic Hybrid rims (2006 +) on the Element. I thought it would save maybe minor MPG from the shape of the rim.

Anyone have pictures of this?

·
Registered
541 Posts
hmmm.....maybe someone can photoshop it...?

·
Registered
81 Posts
hmmmm im thinking of puting 06 ex-p rims on my 08 civic . Be sure and post a pic if you do it. I dont think the civic hybrird rims will have any efect on mpg though

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've always thought the new civic SI rims would look amazing on my SC.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
12,179 Posts
I had this crazy idea of putting 16" Civic Hybrid rims (2006 +) on the Element. I thought it would save maybe minor MPG from the shape of the rim.

Anyone have pictures of this?

interesting idea.....with one small problem. Civic Hybrid rims are only 15 inch. They should fit but you will have to get new tires as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interesting idea.....with one small problem. Civic Hybrid rims are only 15 inch. They should fit but you will have to get new tires as well.
Couldhave sworn they were 16" and not 15". But you are correct. 15". Argh. That means definite savings in gas due to smaller diameter of tires , but also means new tires.

·
12,179 Posts
Couldhave sworn they were 16" and not 15". But you are correct. 15". Argh. That means definite savings in gas due to smaller diameter of tires , but also means new tires.

Smaller tires will make your speedo and odometer read faster giving the illusion of gettting more miles per tank....An actual fuel saving?

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Will the 15" wheels clear the brakes?

But anyway... ugh. No. Looks hideous. And I have an HCH II. It wouldn't gain much aero advantage if anything, and unless you were able to find the oddball size tire it would take to fill the wheel well back up you would actually lose. Also bear in mind that the semi-closed disc compromises brake ventilation, which might be an issue with the heavier E.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Are those rims, or hubcaps? I always assumed they were hubcaps because the dealers around here put them on other civics and the odd fit too.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Nope - full rims. I believe there's also a low-weight component to the special HCH II wheels.

·
12,179 Posts
Are those rims, or hubcaps? I always assumed they were hubcaps because the dealers around here put them on other civics and the odd fit too.

These rims have been standard from the factory on Civic DX-G's since 2008 and on the 2009 Fit LX's.

These rims along with the rear lip spoiler were added to the four door Civics in 2008 in response to the ecoAUTO rebate program to help them qualify.

·
Registered
349 Posts
These rims along with the rear lip spoiler were added to the four door Civics in 2008 in response to the ecoAUTO rebate program to help them qualify.
Yea whats up with that? You change the rims and it qualifies for the ecorebate?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats my storry and i am sticking to it.

From what i recall the manual trans Civics qualified but the auto's didn't. Lighter rims and lips spoiler improved fuel economy?
I'm not disagreeing with you. Honda dealer has told me this also aout the civic wheels.

I just don't get how the goverment let that one slide.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thats my storry and i am sticking to it.

From what i recall the manual trans Civics qualified but the auto's didn't. Lighter rims and lips spoiler improved fuel economy?
Supposedly the wheels are also designed in a way that lower the drag coefficient.

http://www.hybridcar-review.com said:
The Hybrids wheels are also unique, and designed with minimal openings to enhance aerodynamics.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
To answer the question would 15" rims fit. Answer is yes as I use older CRV rims with 225-15 studded tires and they clear great. Is the offset on those rims the same as the Es?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts