Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, new to the forum and a proud driver of my mom's 2004 Element. They actually adopted me (but I call them "Mom and "Dad) actually a month or so after they bought it so it is something that I have grown very attached to. In fact, this is the first car that I've driven on a public road before; in Febuary, I got my learner's permit!I've grown to love the "pumpkin" even more behind the wheel because it is really easy to drive and quite honestly, a car that I would love to drive to school next year as a Senior. Whenever we go anywhere, I beg my parents to hand me the keys, and now they never get the chance to drive with me in the car anymore! Yeah, grocery shopping can be a pain in the rear the the doors but still, I would have never thought that I would love this car as much as I do now. Heck, I feel bad because I was on my parents for not buying a Ford Escape! I am a strickler for American cars, but the Honda Element is a sole exception.

With that said, mother's day is coming up and I want to suprise my mom with a neat gift that she can actually put to use. One annoying thing about the Element is the plastic flooring; stuff in the back is always sliding around and it can be a little annoying. I bowl in a league every saturday morning and my bowling bag slides around whenever I make a turn, which is like I said, a bit annoying because it can get a bit loud. Grocery shopping isn't too bad, but there's always two or three bags turned over and sometimes something will get crushed. The poor plastic black pieces on the sides of the rear are all scratched up and I feel sorry for all of the abuse they've taken! We've got dogs too and we always bring them along to ride in the car. One of whom sits between the front seats and sometimes slides to the rear which is pretty funny too, but even more hilarious seeing her try to claw her way back up to the front! :razz: My mom notices this and although she isn't annoyed to badly by it, I thought that the Elemmat would be a something that she would really love. I was thinking of getting her something for Mother's Day and this would be a good gift for me and dad to get her. I was just wondering, would the Elemmat help with stuff sliding in the back? It looks like it would do the trick, but I had no idea if it was non-slip. If not, do you know where I could get a non-slip mat or carpet at? I've searched the forums and it seems that nets work well but we would prefer a lay-down carpet instead. Thanks for the great forum!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
a couple of things to think about. you can get interlocking foam tiles that are intended for workshop floors, and cut them to fit the back. things should slide around less with those tiles in place. also, if you can buy a looong bungee, it will hook on the little hooks and stretch all the way across the back. You can thread the bungee through the handles of the bags, and it will keep them from tipping over and spilling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts