Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to thank everyone and I mean everyone we bumped into during the trip.......including the people of St. Louis. I think everyone we came in contact with was so freakin' nice it was shocking. It was great to see all the old EOC meet veterans showing up once again and also all the new faces. Tom and Julie were especially gracious. There were gifts galore from everybody. Magnets, stickers, pens, product samples, badges, DC Box's group photo was a very nice touch, the most generous Outpost4 hooked me up with enuff Star Wars Radio Drama on CD that the trip back was like going thru hyperspace........tho my wife might disagree :D , walking around with MikeQBF is like having Wilson from "Home Improvement" give you a tour of the city. It was a GREAT pleasure finally meeting Mike! Then there was Tardis, that man had me crying with laughter as we discussed "protein" stalactites, glory holes and imagining him trying to cross the Canadian border when an Ex-Lax blowout may take effect. ("Do you have anything to declare?" "Yes, I just sh!t myself." :???: )

Tho it was a 14 hour trip for us, once we got there we realized it was all worth it. We arrived back home this morning at 2:00 AM so it's still all sinking in slowly but the events, the city, the people, the Elements, everything was great.

Thanks again everyone!

Here are few fun shots.

Purely an effect of the sun, mine looks as if it's powering up it's own super laser!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Empire and Empress.

Wow what a fun weekend. I agree worth the 14 hr drive.

Really nice to meet you both and all the other E's.

Keep well and take care of the baby to be.

I feel the force is stronge in you

Great pics too.

And all I can say about the Exlax is I skidded through customs

Tardis

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TARDIS said:
And all I can say about the Exlax is I skidded through customs
I thought for sure that they would catch you brown handed. :shock:

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
"Howdy-ho, neighbor!"

Robyn guffawed at that one, adding "Well, at least he didn't say 'Cliff Clayburn'."

You guys were great. In fact, everyone was great. Vegas is too far off for us to think about yet, but I hope we can have a repeat next year. But maybe I'll just leave the humidity at home next time instead of dragging it out for all the visitors.

:razz:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MikeQBF said:
"Howdy-ho, neighbor!"
:razz:
It's true tho, I learned quite a lot about the area from the both of you. I'm sure we'll be visiting again sometime in the not too distant future. I'd love for my boys to be able to go crazy in the City Museum. That place was amazing.

I mean, where else can you test drive a sumo wrestler?

·
Registered
327 Posts
City Museum was our favorite tourist attraction this weekend. We had a blast there!

Dave

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Empire, I wanted to say it was nice to meet you and your wife. You two were the first that I "officially" met at the meet and I had a great time checkin' everyone's E's out.

Didn't know what to expect being my first time at a meet, but was definitely a fun time, and everyone was really friendly.

Once a year's not enough so I'm hoping to attend some smaller regional meets too throughout the year.

peace :cool:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You bet!
The great thing is that usually a month or so after a National Meet everyone starts itching to do another meet within their own area. So hopefully a few more local meetings will begin to pop up. Hell, no matter how many show up it's always fun. I had a great time even when it was just myself, Lwclancers, and Cappucino in a movie theater parking lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts