Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

I have a 2006 4WD LX and my 42-month lease is ending in March. I hope to get another new Element, but the cost might prohibit me (am currently paying $349/mo. and think that is high, but am not sure -- comments on this would be greatly appreciated!).

Should I have the car detailed before the inspection or wait until the Honda inspector checks out the E? I don't know whether I can trust Honda or not, and although I have a $1500 window to work with on what the max is I am allowed in damages, not sure what the damages will add up to on the HONDA price scale (on the hood, I have a dent that looks like someone (never found out who/why/how this happened) slammed their hand down hard, and other than very minor dings, I also have a ripped rear seat (non-leather; it's the waterproof FXC material) -- about 2" x 2" in size -- (have no clue how it got there).

Any advice I can get on this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I turned in my leased 2003 E in 2007 for my current E. I read everything I could about the lease turn in and it sounds like they do a very thourough inspection. I too had a ding on the hood and scratches on the interior. My left side mirror had also broken off and was held on with duct tape. :oops: I thought they were going to ding me for those things, but I never heard anything from honda about the turn in (I dropped it off at the local dealer where it sat until the third-party inspector checked it out). Good luck! You'll enjoy the upgrades in the E since the first run (03-06)!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Clean clean clean..................make sure all the fluids are topped off etc, if you have maintenance records, etc. all the better - if they "NEED" to find something out of the norm, they will.............

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Clean clean clean..................make sure all the fluids are topped off etc, if you have maintenance records, etc. all the better - if they "NEED" to find something out of the norm, they will.............
Depends on the dealer/inspector. Some use it as a way to squeeze extra money out of you, some don't care. When we leased a Jeep, we solved that problem - since the lease return value is pretty much the dealer wholesale for the vehicle, we just sold it privately, and paid of the note ourselves. No inspection, no fuss, no muss, and we made a few bucks. :)
Have a friend who does this all the time. Leases BMWs, and goes WAY over the mileage limits. To keep from getting dinged, he does the same, sells them privately at the lease end, and pays them off with the proceeds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
End of Lease Inspection

Thank you, everyone, for your comments. I think I will make an appointment for the inspection, clean the E thoroughly before s/he inspects it and pray (lol)/see what happens. I can always get my local people to repair anything the inspector finds that is over the $1500 limit, at prices that will be WAY less expensive than the dealership.

Thankfully I have all the maintenance records and have been very meticulous about its mechanical upkeep.

:)

One more question -- should I replace it with a 2009 or 2010 E (I have no clue what the differences are between the two, and how they differ from the 2006)?

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Between my wife & I, we have leased six cars over the years and so far no problems what so ever, if you are planning on leasing another vehicle from the same manufacturer, you just hand them your old keys and drive off in your new car. In our experiences they didn't even look at our old cars. We even had disclosed some minor damages beforehand. In one car the glovebox door was broken, another, rusted trim pieces & scratches.
I think as long as you don't have unrepaired accident damages on the body, you'll be okay. Minor things are considered normal wear & tear and are usually overlooked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts