Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AWD Auto DX for $16,870 incl. dest..

What do you think?

This would be my first Japanese car. The other car we are looking at is a BMW 1999 528i CPO car for a tad over $20k (40k miles), warranty to 2/2005 or 100k.

BMWs are my familiarity, but I like the Element's practicality and utility.

LMK
:eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
You're comparing a top-end luxury car with a bare-bones SUV -- I'd skip on up to the EX and get A/C, stereo, decent wheels, etc. You can get an Element EX 4WD for the same price or less than the BMW. (Negotiated price, not sticker!)

You're right, the E would offer you a lot more utility, that is, utility, period; it is also unique and quirky. And at 40k miles on the 5, you're soon looking at a lot of expensive BMW parts and labor -- brakes, etc. Plus the wear and tear that is on any car with that mileage and age. Wty is nice, but doesn't typically cover routine maintenance. Although the 5 is a beautiful ride!

But hey, I'm not biased! :wink: I just picked up my new E last night!

Good luck, whatever you decide!
Steve

·
Registered
540 Posts
Steve said what I was going to say, Erekose. He's a very smart guy. :wink:

No, seriously, you're going two very different directions here - which is not inherently bad at all. Heck, if we could all have several different cars, all our diverging needs/tastes would be taken care of by all that variety. The Beemer is a sweet mobile. So is the E - but you need the EX if you're changing from the BMW. You'd be in culture shock otherwise.

And Steve - you got your E! Wheeeeeeee! :D

Good luck Erekose, in whatever, and everything, you do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts