Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this back from my powder coater. The original silver coating was in bad condition. A closer shop I tried couldn't get all the old coating off.

I'm going to couple this with the silver exhaust cover from the 04-08 TSX later this summer when my E (oh, and two of my children) are home from college.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had an auto parts store clean it of oil, about $25. Then one powder coating place couldn't get all the old coating off; they didn't charge me anything (wound up getting some other parts done free because they took so long with it and couldn't coat it). Then took to a shop I have used previously, $75 to remove all the old coating, then powder coat candy blue.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX
233 Posts
I'd love to get this done because, like you, the original silver paint has flaked off. I painted the valve cover on my old Mitsubishi Eclipse about 12 years ago - used automotive high heat spray paint. Probably cost me $25 in paint and prep supplies so $75 is actually really good if you ask me. I'd like to do mine in yellow or orange - something that pops.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'd love to get this done because, like you, the original silver paint has flaked off. I painted the valve cover on my old Mitsubishi Eclipse about 12 years ago - used automotive high heat spray paint. Probably cost me $25 in paint and prep supplies so $75 is actually really good if you ask me. I'd like to do mine in yellow or orange - something that pops.
Yeah, I also would love to get it done. $75 was a great deal. I want mine a white gray color.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look for a metal cleaning/powder coating outfit in your area. I had a second valve cover available from the original engine in my daughter's E; find a spare in a junkyard, get it done, then swap. I also picked up a TSX intake cover.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wound up installing this in my son's Element; it just fit better with the Atomic Blue. I'll have the one I took out done in maybe Candy Red for my silver Element.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I justified it by checking the valve adjustment while I had it off. Only had to tweak a couple of them.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried painting the spark plug cover. We'll see how it holds up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts