Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to my mechanic and he needs the service manual so he can take the engine outta my element just wondering if anyone has the links to that?? I live in a small town so I am nowhere near a honda dealer where I could go pick one up... thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Maybe he should be looking for a new mechanic rather than a service manual?:D:D:D:D:D:Dl
Yeah, I'd think the mechanic would be the one needing to find the manual, and he shouldn't tell you that he doesn't know how to do something. Mechanics are supposed to pretend to know everything. You may have better luck pulling the engine yourself...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yeah, I'd think the mechanic would be the one needing to find the manual, and he shouldn't tell you that he doesn't know how to do something. Mechanics are supposed to pretend to know everything. You may have better luck pulling the engine yourself...
Agreed, but do you have 1,000,000 miles on it? Why does your engine need to be replaced? The K24 is known to be VERY durable and long-living!!!
There is a lot that does not make sense...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah... why does the engine need to come out in the first place? Did you throw a muffler bearing? You know you now have the power to refill the headlight fluid and the elbow grease without removing the engine now right?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Agreed, but do you have 1,000,000 miles on it? Why does your engine need to be replaced? The K24 is known to be VERY durable and long-living!!!
There is a lot that does not make sense...
Maybe he followed Honda Mo Co's maintenance schedule and changed his oil every 10,000 miles and his filter every 20,000 miles:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts