Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, it is very nice to see a forum dedicated to the element!

I have looked over the forum and found some good information but thought i would ask the question just to be 100% sure.

I live in California and it seems as long as I have the right paperwork and am just doing a same for same replacement dealing with smog shouldn't be an issue from what i understand.

I have a 03 element with 330k miles and it has a crazy amount of blow by so it is on its last leg. I am quite capable mechanically in keeping vehicles running but this engine is to far gone at this point but I want to not send it to the junk yard just yet. This is a subject i have not looked into before. From digging around it seems getting a K24A2 from a JDM source would a good place to keep my element going with out breaking the bank.

It seems getting the K24 JDM long block and swaping all the sensors over from my old block needs to happen so i can keep the American ECU happy and this should make it so very little wiring changes need to happen, if any.

I am a little confused on whether getting a two lob or three lob head is the best (if the two are even an option with a JDM?)

My goal is to just replace the engine with the exact same as best I can so I don't have to fight with it and I am hoping I wont have to mess with programing at all.

If anyone has done this type of thing before or has any words of wisdom I would love it! Or if there is a thread that would point me in the right direction that I just havent been able to find that would be fantastic as well.

Thank you ahead of time!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Better do it fast.. the Mod police are coming for people who want to mod there cars..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts