Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been e-mailing with them and here is a response. First of all this item #RD-1725 is the Race Division system. Apparently they started with the most high performance. The Element intake system dyno tested at 8-10 hp to the wheels. The retail price is listed @ $290.00. Please contact an Injen Dealer @ www.injen.com for purchasing.

Phillip Phong
Customer Service
Injen Technology The next step is I would like to know if the urethane airfilter is cleanable and resusable. Also the cost if you have to replace it. SSM EX. 8400 miles and all I have going on is a shaking of the engine and exhaust system which they tell me is normal for this 4 cyl. engine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Checked out the Injen web site and seems like they recommend you remove the cool air intake in any rainy or wet weather, seems like a pain especially if it really will ruin your engine. Are you aware of any other mods that aren't weather dependent?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been e-mailing them about that also. I live in Florida and we do have a rainy season. The intake is made in two pieces. When fully assembled it will breathe from directly behind the bumper. During the rainy season you can remove the lower half and leave the rest intact. Just a screwdriver and a clamp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The resident motorhead around here did some indepth checking for me on the CAI and water. The experts agree that to do engine damage the filter would have to be completely imersed in water.

I took his word for it and ordered the injen system last night. If it and the aluminum for my skid plate come in this week it will be a busy weekend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you suggesting that contrary to Injen's disclaimer, you could drive with their system when it is raining? I can see if you did some stream crossing and submerged it there would be an issue (one of many I presume) but I'm not into a performance mod that I have to tweak based on the weather, must be a better way to get HP. Does anyone know if you can get an aftermarket air filter (K&N) or air box for more airflow without the "rain" gotcha...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Slowhand:

I will post details of the gas tank skid plate build when completed.

sspiller:

I wouldn't suggest anyone not believe the disclaimer. But my sources tell me if the filter gets saturated enough with rain the motor will choke itself out with to rich a fuel mixture. If this is the case I will shorten the tube. But hey, I gotta take a shot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree with you, post how it sounds, performs after you put it on... i have to think that there will be / are other performance upgrades for this engine with the cottage honda performance market out there... or is it limited to the civic 1.6L motor vs. the CRV - E 2.4L?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, That's gorgeous. I'll definitely get mine from them also. Glad to see it is a two piece if excessive rain or water is a problem the lower can be removed. Thanks. Can hardly wait for some installation pics.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Installed the Injen RD1725 today.
Definite increase in power/torque.
Sounds like I have a mini quadrajet under the hood.
Will report on mileage and performance as info becomes available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts