Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that these wheels are technically "gun metal" but they look nearly black in most of the pictures I've seen. How would they look on a black E with painted panels? I ask this because they are great looking wheels, but I'm just a little wary since it's photos can be deceiving when you're dealing with dark greys. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Enkei certainly makes a great product. Gun metal finishes are a little different from manufacturer to another. Some are darker, some are lighter, some are "cooler" and some are "warmer" tones of grey. I think any gunmetal finish would look sharp on your Element.

Anyone else running a set of Gunmetal Enkei wheels?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I think they'll look good, going all black !!! tinted windows, etc - madmax kinda look

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think ive seen someone else with these on their E. I forget their user name though.

I think it would look great. I wanted to get some gunmetal rims, but I went with black instead

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I've got the Gunmetal Enkeis. Their "color" depends mainly on the lighting. In the shade they appear black. In direct light they appear charcoal metallic. In my humble opinion they're ideal for my '03 NBP since they're almost a perfect match with the unpainted metallic panels on the EX.

In this photo, they show both light and dark shades because of the lighting angle. And I got mine from Discount Tire (absolutely great to do business with).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at the enkei evo5 but i'm not sure about the centering rings...they are made out of plastic and i'm afraid i will get vibrations.
are you guys using centering rings?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I'm looking at the enkei evo5 but i'm not sure about the centering rings...they are made out of plastic and i'm afraid i will get vibrations.
are you guys using centering rings?
Hub centric rings are not a load bearing item so the plastic ones will be just fine. If you want metal rings though, we do have them available for only $15.00 a set with free delivery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hub centric rings are not a load bearing item so the plastic ones will be just fine. If you want metal rings though, we do have them available for only $15.00 a set with free delivery.
Thanks..somehow they do carry wheel weight right? at mounting? since the wheel gets hot and cold i was afraid.
I'm looking at the MB Boost now on your website

Thanks

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
They only thing a hub centric ring does is help center the wheel when mounting them on your vehicle. Once the lugs are torqued the hub centric rings carry no load.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got the Gunmetal Enkeis. Their "color" depends mainly on the lighting. In the shade they appear black. In direct light they appear charcoal metallic. In my humble opinion they're ideal for my '03 NBP since they're almost a perfect match with the unpainted metallic panels on the EX.

In this photo, they show both light and dark shades because of the lighting angle. And I got mine from Discount Tire (absolutely great to do business with).

What size are your tires?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
My tires are 30x9.5x15R Pirelli Scorpion ATRs. That's right -- 15 inch wheels and tires. Clears the shock towers and the brake rotors just fine. I prefered the fat tire look over the lowered tuner look. I know that BFG makes tires in that size, but can't say I know if any others still do. This tire size pre-dates the metric nomenclature used now to denote size and aspect ratio. They were commonly seen on short wheelbase vans and pickup trucks mounted on painted steel wheels way back in the 70's & 80's. To me they implied that the vehicle was going to see some off-road use, whether actually true or not.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most larger tires are measured in inches. My last pair of tires for the previous truck were 37x12.5 17R.

Those look really good by the way!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, helcaraxe. For an idea what the Enkei RZ-5s look like in 16 inch on a black Element, see the link below, post #5. It was funny at the time, because I think Empire and I probably bought our wheels within a week of each other, not knowing the other guy was making almost the exact same choice.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26367

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those tires definitely look great on your E. I too prefer the beefier tires over the tuner look....even tho alot of the tuner style E's on here look amazing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes! Really like em. Not too flashy and at least the illusion of some depth like a truck rim. My local dealer told me earlier 15" rims were a no go on an element, thanks for evidence to the contrary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They only thing a hub centric ring does is help center the wheel when mounting them on your vehicle. Once the lugs are torqued the hub centric rings carry no load.
Called Discount Tire today, really nice guys...will be buying my 18" tuesday
Question, what would be a fair price to sell the OEM 16" EX wheels and tires? 8K miles on the vehicle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts