Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so are the deals.

Dealer #1 is offering a 2009 Element EX, auto, AWD no extras for $21,500 + L&T.
Dealer #2 Has a 2008 SC Auto with a rear spoiler and splash guards for $19,000 + L&T. Really confused now what to do.:confused:

This SC has $500 worth of extras on it so it makes it about a $3000 better deal. But, no AWD and it's soon to be 2 years old. I drive a lot so it will be nothing for this car to have 35k per year on it, an older car will allow for some of these miles. But then the 09 will be newer with AWD and in the winters here in the NW weather can be unpredictable. I have an 4X4 pickup I can drive if I know there will be bad weather but sometimes you don't know (weathermen are not all that accurate).

Both MSRP's are within $15.00 if you don't add the extras to the SC. I also have heard that SC's don't hold their value as well as an AWD because they are not as popular here....Proof is the dealer still has a new 08!

I have a lot of work gear that I haul and 2 blue heelers I take to the beach so the EX wins here with no carpet/easier to clean. A ton of highway miles so the SC should do a little better on MPG's. with the 09 I have my choice of colors, with the 08 it's black and that's it.

Anyway what do you here in the EOC brain trust have to say? I'm all ears to see if you can help me make up my mind.....:D:D:D:D

Also would like some feedback on the new OMNI BLUE PEARL form those who have it or seem much of it. I kind of like it but not sure for the long haul. same with the Citrus Fire Metallic, I like but will it get old and how will both these colors look with added accessories like wheels and tires and such?

I have a little time because I'm waiting on the Cash for Clunkers program to kick off. Maybe after the new July incentives come out there won't be this kind of deal on either....who knows:lol:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
It looks like you have talked yourself into the 09! For your needs, it looks like it's the way to go, to me also.

For me, Just having my choice of colors would make the deal. That and not having mileage on a car that I did not put on it. You just never know what another person has done to or with the car.

Dom

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like you have talked yourself into the 09! For your needs, it looks like it's the way to go, to me also.

For me, Just having my choice of colors would make the deal. That and not having mileage on a car that I did not put on it. You just never know what another person has done to or with the car.

Dom
Thanks Dom,
The deal is the 08 SC is brand new and shows 42 miles on the odometer. No miles by anyone but me on either.:D Would have same warranty as a 09. Wondering how much the AWD helps over the Front wheel drive on the SC...? Humm

·
Registered
55 Posts
As much as I like 08 SC's, my vote would be for the 09. The unpredictable weather situation along with the two dogs is the clincher.
Good luck!
ultraill

·
Registered
730 Posts
Definately the '09 EX if you have dogs!!!! :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think if I was in your shoes, I'd like the others have voted for- would go w/ the 09 AWD. No carpet is GREAT!! While the AWD is no true 4x4, it sure helps a majority of the time.......whatever u decide, you'll still be getting an E!!!:D:D

·
Registered
727 Posts
The main reason we purchased a new (in 2005) E w/AWD was because she was off to school where the weather is famous for waky unpredictability! In snow conditions, when equipped with M-S tires (E's come that way) there is no need to chain up. You just keep going. I could feel the rear end kick in when the rain gets crazy. It's a good safety issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts