Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
San Luis Obispo Area - El Chorro Regional Park Campout

DATE: TBD (Thinking for the length of time for Thurs - Sun)
WHERE: El Chorro Regional Park this is a county managed park off Highway 1 between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay.

http://www.slocountyparks.com/activities/el_chorro.htm
SLO.jpg
Wine, camping, hiking, water and fun what more can one ask for. I have seen this area when visiting Marilyn and Judy speaks highly about it having been there several times. Close to a beautiful area and shopping (yes even a Costco)

CAMPGROUND INFO:
El Chorro Regional Park Campground features 63 campsites (43 sites are full hook-up with electricity, sewer and water). Each site at the campground should be able to be doubled up if those desire. We are booking the C area which has the most trees and space.

LOCATION INFO:
El Chorro Regional Park and Campground is located between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. Use El Chorro as your personal base camp to explore the Central Coast or simply spend a pleasant day in the park enjoying the view from its trails.

Judy has shared the following:The topography is gentle rolling hillside with various types of trees and bushes. Quail, crows, and jays. There is a golf course directly next door but it is quiet. On the other side is a public use park area with a ball-field which is used a lot at night.

They get morning fog off the ocean and it's hot during the day; usually foggy again starting late afternoon. It's a four-mile drive south to SLO and maybe 10 miles north to Morro Bay. San Simeon and Cambria are quite a bit further north. There are wineries inland from San Simeon/Cambria near Templeton. South of SLO is Pismo Beach -- and in that direction there are also about 15 wineries.

Image.jpg

DIRECTION INFO:

Heading South on Highway 101: Once you enter San Luis Obispo city limits take the Santa Rosa Street exit and turn left on Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa Street will turn into Highway 1. Follow Santa Rosa Street / Highway I for approximately 4 1/2 miles. El Chorro Regional Park will be located on the right side of the road. It is across the highway from Cuesta College.

Heading North on Highway 101: Take the Highway 1 / Morro Bay Exit and follow signs to the stoplight at Santa Rosa Street. Turn right onto Santa Rosa Street. Santa Rosa Street will turn into Highway 1.Follow Sata Rosa Street / Highway 1 for approximately 5 miles. El Chorro Regional Park will be located on the right side of the road. It is across the highway from Cuesta College.

More to come - what to do etc. Most importantly a date. Please give me some feedback on dates. I will be calling on Monday. Of course a lot depends on what is available for a group. Would be interestood to hear if preference is early part of summer or towards the end (June Vs Sept)?​

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: There will be a trip in the SLO area. Some local EOC campers, as time permits, will help with logistics.

There are some very awesome campgrounds that are right on some lakes - kayak time! So also looking at these as well as the spot that was posted.

So hang in there I will post a date and final location soon. What it looks like is

Thurs - Sun and will be either Spring or Fall (to avoid the crowds).

Yeah I know hard to plan until we get those dates!

·
Registered
119 Posts
It may be too far for me to travel but maybe..

Have you considered Montaña de Oro State Park? It is close to the beach. I have never camped there but have slept on the Hazard Beach. Beautiful. College memories :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts