Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we're all back home and after a ridiculously crazy first day back at work, it's time to post some pictures!

We arrived at Endless Valley Stables outside of Spring Green, WI on an unbearably hot and humid Thursday afternoon. The place is definitely out of the way, so far that Google Maps and 2 of our collective GPS's had the driveway almost a mile off. But it was worth it, as this is the view that one is first presented with when cresting the hill:

You're transported to a little slice of Kentucky horse heaven in Wisconsin, full of all the horse breeds you read up hearing of and just oozing genteel charm:

We quickly set up camp and got down to the most important part of any meet: FOOD!

BEHOLD! The return of UBERGRILL, now with a bottle of the Glenlivet as his sidekick!

After dinner we sat around, drank ourselves silly, and tried out Protaganis' fancy-schmancy coffee-makin' machine. This is NOT the fancy-schmancy coffee-makin' machine, just the 0ld sk00l water-boilin' machine and our quite lovely campfire:

After a while, we started hearing some things that sounded suspiciously like meowing and lo and behold, we had a visitor! She stayed with us for several hours just lovin' it up and came back every night to enjoy the fire (and some petting). She must've known we had cheezburgers.......

And so ended Day 1...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day 2 started with more food (bacon, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and bacon) then we got on our way on a visit to the Wollersheim Winery, a local vineyard with national and even world awards to its name! It was started in the 1800's by a Frenchman and has changed hands several times over the years, finally finding success and acclaim upon being purchased by the Wollersheim family several decades ago and switching to French-American hybrid grapes which are more hardy and better suited to the always schizophrenic and often downright psychotic Wisconsin weather.

The tour starts on the hills of the vineyard overlooking the winery's main buildings:

Up on the hill is the old winery cave, used to age the wines and even as a temporary home for the original homesteaders while they built their first house. It's now abandoned except for the entrance, as most of the cave caved in, as caves are wont to do on occasion.

Right next to the cave are magnificent vistas of grape vines growing in the warm sun, on poor rocky steep soil as grapes tend to prefer:

After that it's off to the fermentation room where all the magic happens, all shiny and stainless and state of the art!

And down in the cellar there's row upon row of gently resting wine barrels. It was so cute, I wanted to crochet them all baby blankets!

After all this walking around it was time to go upstairs again for the wine tasting. I admit I was a bit skeptical, not being a wine drinker at all, but HOLY FREAKING BEJEEZUS that stuff is good!! If you have a chance to get your hands on some of it, I HIGHLY recommend it!

After all of this, we decided it was too bloody hot and made a command decision by committee to go drive up to the Wisconsin Dells and go to Noah's Ark water park for the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately there are no pictures from there (digital cameras and water parks don't mix all too well...) but I can assure you great fun and merriment were had by all. :D

And so ends Day 2....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
... Our network's dead in the water and all hell's broken loose at work (my only net connection at the moment). ...
If you are still having network issues, I know a good engineer who could probably repair them permanently...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are still having network issues, I know a good engineer who could probably repair them permanently...
Yeah we have network issues - as in we don't have a network just a wireless router :lol:

It's just temporary, we're moving in under 2 months to a very nice place that's being built out right now. So until then we just limp along with what we have and call it even.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
Yeah we have network issues - as in we don't have a network just a wireless router :lol:
Umm, how is your "wireless" router connecting to the internet? (When I took my networking classes, no one told me that a network had to have wires, just hosts and sponsors.)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Umm, how is your "wireless" router connecting to the internet? (When I took my networking classes, no one told me that a network had to have wires, just hosts and sponsors.)
Through a fairly beefy but somewhat flaky DSL line. Problem is we're renting the space and moving in not even 2 months, so we don't want to tear up the walls or spend money running wires when they'll be wasted cost. This wouldn't be so bad except the servers we're loading don't exactly come with wireless and configuring wireless in command line linux kinda bites. So between now and then, they'll have to be loaded via DVD and USB key from our laptops. Sucks, but that's life some days. On the bright side, our new space will have uber-network

1 - 8 of 8 Posts