Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With hot days a head it was time to get my E ready for the summer. I got my GrillCraft grill gaurd installed and did a Mother's Clay Bar treatment for the first time. It was much easer than I anticipated and made a noticable difference. Below are a few photos I'd like to share. Also...just turned 30K miles and still luvin it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
awesome

Looks great...I am interested in the clay bar treatment but don't know how it works.How do you use a clay bar ?

thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Following a good strong cleaning of the E you begin by spraying a 1' x 1' area with the Mothers Showtime Spray. This makes for a very slick area for you to apply the Clay Bar. It didn't take a lot of elbow grease and the Clay Bar glided easily across the surface. You then follow up by buffing the area just completed. It took less time and effort than a full-on waxing and removes a lot of surface oxidization, swirl marks and light scratches. The treatment does not alter or affect the clear coat. I've read that you can do this up to twice a year. The kit comes with two full clay bars. I was advised to slice the clay bars into three sections. This way if you drop the clay bar on the ground you just pitch it and get a new section. You also need to kneed the clay bar after each application so that you are always working with a fresh piece of clay. I think there is enough in the kit to do three or four treatments. For around $20 it's an inexpensive investment that makes a difference.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After viewing my above photos they seemed a little dull and flat in releation to what the vehicle actually looks like, so I took the artisitic liberty of tweaking one of the photos in Picture Publisher (PhotoShop) to enhance it. I don't have a great camera to begin with (Sony Cyber Shot), but a little digital work made a difference. I like the result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts