Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Argh! I really think Honda needs to get more comercials for the Element out there, ESPECIALLY one with dogs in the car!

I just saw a Ford Escape(test drove it, don't like it) comercial, and the first thing you see is three dogs riding in a car. I held my breath thinking it was a Element comercial...

I honestly have to say it was a great comercial...totally and completely dog oriented in everyway...even down to the tennis ball in the cup holder.
If I was to buy a car purely because of a comercial I'd be buying a Ford Escape.

-Wolph

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, forget the 20 year old studs. WE WANT DOG COMMERCIALS!!!!

My dog Chipper (she is an akc little brown dog) jumps up and down on the back seat so she can see out of the window. If I do a start and stop while she is jumping the she hits the seat and it looks like she is jumping in a triangle. It quite hilarious!!! but my neighbors think I am nuts.

Plus, my other dog Ruggus has already thrown up in my brand new E and guess what.... that's OKAY!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:bca9f42b94="OkieBug"]Yeah, forget the 20 year old studs. WE WANT DOG COMMERCIALS!!!!

My dog Chipper (she is an akc little brown dog) jumps up and down on the back seat so she can see out of the window. If I do a start and stop while she is jumping the she hits the seat and it looks like she is jumping in a triangle. It quite hilarious!!! but my neighbors think I am nuts.

Plus, my other dog Ruggus has already thrown up in my brand new E and guess what.... that's OKAY!!![/quote:bca9f42b94]

I think I will call my Element the Doglement. :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I can't agree more! The E is perfect for dogs. And I hate to admit, but I do enjoy that Ford commercial. From what I've heard here on the boards, the E commercials need to include families and dogs! :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, the problem is Honda isn't interested in the demographic you describe. They are shooting for young active males because it is a corner of the market they haven't captured. Sure, if they put couples with young children or pet owners in their commercials showing how practical the Element is for that group of people they would certainly attract more buyers. But I'm sure that they would begin to lose their target audience if that happened. No self respecting 18 to 25 year old male wants to cruise the local strip in a soccor-mom special. I'm outside the demographic, 36-year old married male, but I like the commercials because even though I'm pushing 40 I still feel like I'm 25. Hell, I'm ready to try snowboarding after seeing those guys - and why not, I just started playing hockey two years ago after being a couch potato for 15 years. I think I'm getting my second wind - or is that having a midlife crisis... hmmm.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Last night I was drivin on a main street and I heard someone beeping their horn. I turned around and these two pretty young ladies (18?) were checking out me and the car! Then one of the girls waved and smiled at me.
I guess those commercials are working :D

And I'm 43!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 25 and I have two dogs. I don't think "dog hauling" in general fits in with the soccer-mom image any more than it does with the "portable lifeguard shack" image. IMO, the commercials with the surfer dudes eating, sleeping and vomiting in their car makes me sick because it makes me feel "targeted." Honda will get nowhere if they think that those "surferdude" commercials have any positive effect on the 21-29YO market segment. "Kids" like me don't like to be stereotyped. VW had the right idea with their new bug commercials...the lonely young office guy dreaming about all the crazy things he can do with his bright new VW convertible bug.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just thought is was funny to see how those commercials have influenced an certain audience. I can't remember the last time some girls waved and smile at me in a car :shock:

I'm sorry you feel so targeted. I too wish they had some more different commercials (like me and my dog and my Element!)

But I must say it was an ego booster. Cheap boost, yeah, but wait till your 43 :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
My golden retriever Moxie doesn't like the rear seats with the cup holders. I've put the seats flat and she doesn't care for that either. Fortunately, she adores the E, altho' the floors are very slippery for her.
I did cut a piece of carpet to fit the back with the seats up on the sides and I think she liked that best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts