Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope all our friends in east TN, western NC, western VA are OK after this storm. Unusual! We escaped (for the most part) here in Raleigh -- they forecast about 5-10, :shock: and I only wound up with about 4 here in North Raleigh. Even that's a problem for Raleigh, but I understand that circumstances are a lot worse not very far west of here. Hope nobody has any serious problems!! Careful in this cold. Good Luck! :-D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hey John, thanks for the concerns.. we are faring better, got out today, roads are still icy here.

SANY0045.jpg

SANY0031.jpg

Can you tell we don't get much snow here, like my snow shovel!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for asking!
Just east of Knoxville, the weather was pretty strange. For hours on end it seemed to change about every 20 minutes, rain>sleet>snow(heavy chicken-feather flakes) sleet>rain>sleet>snow(dry small flakes), etc. back and forth thru about 5 different kinds of freezing or frozen precip. Maybe you get the idea.
With all the warning/hype about the storm coming, the highway departments and TDOT were "ready" to the extent they could be, I think.

We preped and were able to just stay ay home and not even budge out of the driveway. I haven't even started a car since Thursday.

Lots of thaw today after temps in low twenties last night really glazed over anything with moisture on it.
It's clear skies and sunshine @~34º now.
Attached pics show last night and this morn.
Shot from second floor.

Report Fin!
Cheers,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
We have about 8" here in Stokesdale. The roads are not too bad today...side roads are nasty. I did not get out in it but from watching the news, Greensboro had some nasty road conditions but are getting better. I know we are not western NC but at least this can give you an idea of what the mid point is like between you and the mountains.

·
Registered
112 Posts
in east TN we had 7in but i was up at Elon for the weekend and we had 8 and the element did great on the roads after they plowed them i was really impressed with it but i made it home safe and sound after it added an extra 2 hours onto my trip

·
Registered
575 Posts
Once again I am very impressed with the E's overall handling in bad weather. I'm glad it snowed since I got to test out the 4wd again:)

Glad everyone is fairing well with the weather.

·
Registered
715 Posts
We got about 5-6" here in Middle Tennessee. We are about 50 miles west of Nashville. Looks like it's starting to melt some today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts