Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what needs to be done to install an 2006 ex w/mp3 into my 05 lx thanks orderd an honda #39101-scv-a110 2005-06 toster hu does it go right in? does lx have amp?does it have power for sub? will it work with this unit? what about sub? is it wired &ready to go,just install speeker?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
A search will show more answers than i can give you. But the LX has no amp. I think the popular opinion is that you are better off getting an aftermarket HU, unless you already have a stock EX in hand.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'm not even sure if the LX is pre-wired for the amp, but if it is, you will need the headunit, amp, sub, and tweeters to get an EX-style system which is only decent at best. I recommend you go aftermarket instead.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not even sure if the LX is pre-wired for the amp, but if it is, you will need the headunit, amp, sub, and tweeters to get an EX-style system which is only decent at best. I recommend you go aftermarket instead.
allready got unit coming from flebay, cant aford good system at this time,& wife driver most of the time. so will it plug in and work?I hope so

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Yes, this really isn't going to be worth the effort or the cost. You can buy an aftermarket radio equipped with an iPod cable and more eq/crossover features than the stock HU with a mounting kit and wiring harness for less than $200 and install it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts