Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does EX actually mean? I was assuming that DX stood for deluxe. I am I wrong? I have the Element brochure but it does have what they mean. Sounds like a stupid question but I am a Chevy man at is only use to RS and SS. :?:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
from lowest to highest trim level it's:

DX
LX
EX
SE

for the civic, they also have HX and GX which denote the type of "alternative" fuel they run on.

as someone mentioned earlier, the element only comes in DX and EX (in canada, i believe it's just the element (DX) or package y (EX))

·
Registered
245 Posts
In doing research for the "thing"..is it a truk or a SUV?.....my wife's Element is an EX stick...so anyway the dealer had a DX with the same options as the EX we bought and the price was way over by almost $1800....so why would you ever consider one if the AC install alone would bring it up almost to the price of the EX...

DX almost stripped....EX almost totally loaded...( almost...) :roll:

·
Registered
273 Posts
aren't the composit panels a little different on the dx...?... whimpier.?... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anti-lock brakes are not available on the DX. When I did the math, apart from the brakes, a DX with all the same stuff as an EX was VERY close in price - a shade over, if I remember. But the anti-lock brakes are worth a lot to me.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
277 Posts
But "dealer math" often includes significantly higher markups on the options and accessories added to the DX and a resulting higher price.

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:c528e79859="Staggie"]But "dealer math" often includes significantly higher markups on the options and accessories added to the DX and a resulting higher price.[/quote:c528e79859]

true, so is good to do your research before steping inside the dealer's showroom.... :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
EX is the top of line for Honda. i.e. My 4-cyl. 1997 Accord EX (that i'm still trying to sell since I became an E owner) has 145 hp VTEC engine for that model run (94-97.) The SE had the same engine as LX and DX, 4-cyl. 130hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts