Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: Seat Material...

spdrcr5 said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase the seat material for the EX? If yes, where can I purchase it from?

Appreciate any info that can be shared.

Thanks.
how much of it do you need?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

yea i was thinkin of makin a cushon to go overthe rear seats so i could fit 5 in the car, and i was interestered in gettin exact fabrix, but not anymore :( also maybe check a jumnk yard, if theres any es there

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I am looking to have the driver's seat rebuilt. So I will need enough fabric to redo the driver's seat. I am talking with a Custom Automotive Interior company to do a few mods to the seat for me.

I am looking to recushion the entire seat with some actual support as well as lumbar support. I am becoming practically crippled driving the Element. It is not the Element, I know it is my back and hips. I just can't get comfortable sitting in the driver's seat. If I can get the bolsters on the bottom raised and stiffened it will actually hold me in place better. If I can get the seatback sides stiffened and raised it will be much more comfortable as well.

I figure since I am doing this anyway, I might as well toss in lumbar support. :)

I'm not going to do the passenger seat, at least not at the present time. No need since I mostly drive without a passenger and when I do they never complain about the seat.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

PaddleMe said:
I don't know if it would work with your project, but you can just buy the actual seat covers in original fabric from Majestic Honda (or whichever piece you need)

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Element&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=5DR+EX+4WD+SIDE+SRS&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FRONT+SEAT+%28L.%29
My fabric/seat covers are in fine shape. The issue might be it won't be able to stretch enough to cover the larger cushions for the bigger seat bolsters and lateral supports.

Appreciate the link all the same.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where to buy seat material

Does anybody know where i can buy the material that matches the seats other than the dealer? if that is even an option. both the grey/black stripe and the black vinyl looking material.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: Where to buy seat material

elementDAB said:
Does anybody know where i can buy the material that matches the seats other than the dealer? if that is even an option. both the grey/black stripe and the black vinyl looking material.
from what I understand auto apholstery people can get it at a much cheaper price than we can from the manufacturer. I need to have my seats worked on and that is what they told me

Kalinka

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

In another thread, word was that Milliken makes the FXC fabric. This Google search supports that:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Milliken+FXC&hl=en&lr=&rls=com.netscape:en-US&start=10&sa=N

However, froogle has nothing. I wonder if they sell exclusively to Honda and other mfrs and don't bother with retail. It says, however, that they engineered it for hiking etc. so maybe you could find it some place that sold that kind of stuff.

I'd like a little of it to cover the holes where my armrests were before I put my console in. If anybody finds it, please post.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

According to everything I have read here and elsewhere the fabric is exclusive to Honda and it cannot be purchased anywhere. Similar fabrics might be available, just not the exact fabric used by Honda. The only answer is to check with salvage yards where you might find a damaged seat cover you could cut up or you could order a new seat cover thru a dealer or supplier and use that. I have seen an E done in leather so upholsterers CAN make a new cover for the seats out of any material you like.

·
Registered
173 Posts

well the upholstery guy said that he can get it and he showed me the book with the sample piece so i know he can get it, he said it was the "detroit book" so i don't know what that means. the salvage yards around here don't even have ford foci which everyone has so i highly doubt that there will be any E's or else that's a good idea. i just though i could get it cheaper through online deals than the upolstery guy could but i guess not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts