Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Element for 2 1/2 months now, 5100 miles and drove it to Orlando, FL from Indianapolis, IN and back and loved it! The E has developed a back cracking or popping sound in the rear hatch area. Makes no difference if the sunroof is open or closed and it's very annoying to say the least. Started once I got to Orlando and has continued and truth be told, if it continues I won't be able to stand it. I have an appointment in the morning at Penske Honda so they can take a look at it. Hopefully it can be rectified. Somehow I'm wondering what my options will be if it's not. I did get the extended warranty since I plan to have it for a long time. Just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this and if so, what was the solution to the problem? Maybe I can get another pop up up front or an electric slide opening? I'll keep the group posted on my service.

Holla holla!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took your info and called Penske Honda and when I went to tell the service representative of your post he told me it was in my lift gate or rear hatch area and the team had it apart and were working on it. I was shocked! :shock: The service manager said he applauded my research in being involved in sites that would give information to owners :D and that so many people do nothing to keep their investments secure. I'm a very happy :p camper right about now and hopefully they will have my Element ready by noon today sun I can be rolling.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got back from dealership and the problem was fixed. There was some adjustments made to the rear hatch door and the spot welds were getting a lot of tension placed on them and this is what caused the noises. They took care of the problem and everything looks good and is tight and noise free. The only problem I have now is that I noticed a door ding when I picked it up. This occured on their lot so they are going to fix this. I'm starting to wonder if I should have any further dealings with Penske Honda since everytime I go there for service something happens ie...they ran my detailed car through their wash after service and it was spotted since they didn't try it off and my rear wiper blade was gone. Another time they forgot to hook up my front side marker lights and just left the wiring hanging within the engine compartment. Each time I have to get a rental (free) and transfer personal belongings from one car to another, fight traffic in the area and leave wondering whats next? Over all I'm satisfied with the Element but question the service department. I really appreciate the post on the subject matter though. It's good to hear and see people sharing info that may make it easier for the next person who comes that way.

Peace!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts