Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the problem. I bought the EX 270 watt system on Ebay to put in my DX, but according to the dealer the "under dash" wiring harness is different between the EX and the DX (makes sense). I know, I shoul've checked FIRST!

Unfortunately, the system did not come with the plugs that fit into the head unit and the amp leaving Circuit City and BestBuy scratching their collective heads. I called the dealer and they say the only thing they can do is sell me the ENTIRE under dash harness, which is, needless to say, cost prohibitive and ridiculous.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to remedy the problem? I'm not a DIY stereo guy, at least not since I used to hang 8-track players under my steel dash with metal straps back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Oh ya, and I bought the DX because it was the only one of 4 that arrived in San Antonio and wasn't sold. Also, due to circumstance, I HAD to have a car on that particular day (long story). It was an E or a Jeep Liberty. I still think I made the right decision.

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:fbaf5c876e="zozohead"]Okay, here's the problem. I bought the EX 270 watt system on Ebay to put in my DX, but according to the dealer the "under dash" wiring harness is different between the EX and the DX (makes sense). I know, I shoul've checked FIRST!

Unfortunately, the system did not come with the plugs that fit into the head unit and the amp leaving Circuit City and BestBuy scratching their collective heads. I called the dealer and they say the only thing they can do is sell me the ENTIRE under dash harness, which is, needless to say, cost prohibitive and ridiculous.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to remedy the problem? I'm not a DIY stereo guy, at least not since I used to hang 8-track players under my steel dash with metal straps back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Oh ya, and I bought the DX because it was the only one of 4 that arrived in San Antonio and wasn't sold. Also, due to circumstance, I HAD to have a car on that particular day (long story). It was an E or a Jeep Liberty. I still think I made the right decision.[/quote:fbaf5c876e]

My Advice would be to forget the EX head unit and get yourself an aftermarket stereo.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'd listen to E-Mass on this one. He is the Car Audio god around these parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts