Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
is there a height difference between sc elements vs. ex elements?
it seems that the sc's wheels fill out the car more.
or is it just me

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think the difference is less than a inch-there is an incrementally shorter spring, and the roof rails are a tad shorter. The reason the wheels fill the hole better is because the standard SC wheels are 18 inchers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
EX: water resistant seating, rubber floor coverings, optional center console, cords on the seatbacks.

SC: carpet from backseats forward, center console, shiny interior trim, 30% stiffer springs, larger rear anti-swaybar, 3/4" lower, 18" wheels, all other obvious exterior trimmings.

IMO, I'd buy the EX over an SC the second time around. While I love the looks of the SC, I'm missing some of the functionality that the EX provides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I notice that you are from Canada. The SC only comes in front wheel drive. My friend had a CRV in New England with two wheel drive and it didn't drive well in snow.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys guys guys
i am not looking for the difference, i am aware of the differences.
i was just asking about if there was a height difference. i compare a sc to my ex and i see a difference in height/stance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looking undernean my 2WD EX, with that steel rail around the gas tank, I'm not sure I want it any lower. Although, to me, the stance of the SC looks better. It looks to me like there is no extra clearance on my EX to clear debris out on the road. Also Traction Control FWD will take you a lot of places in bad weather, if you don't get hung up underneath.

I think your question about how much lower was answered correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Specs

I've owned a 04 Element EX and now a 07 SC. From my reading specs.the SC sits 3" lower than the EX. I do notice the difference, since I've owned both.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Love my SC

I had a 2005 EX and then traded for an 07 SC. I liked the ex but LOVE the SC. It is different, they changed all the things I didn't like about my EX. Just my opinion. It is quieter inside as well. Oh, and I can reach my coffee now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a 2005 EX and then traded for an 07 SC. I liked the ex but LOVE the SC. It is different, they changed all the things I didn't like about my EX. Just my opinion. It is quieter inside as well. Oh, and I can reach my coffee now.
I'll second that. Lost my '06' EX when it was totaled by a drunk driver and replaced it with an '07' SC. There is a world of difference between and EX and an SC. The SC handles sooooo much better than the EX and is also a lot more quiet. Plus, I really like the carpet and other interior upgrades like a center console, better audio system and 5-sp. automatic. Not to mention the better looks.

After having both, I would not recommend anything but an SC. But, what these Elements really need is a V6 or a turbo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts