Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a date for the Stick Shift EX to be available? I read somewhere that it was March, but the dealer I went to for a test drive (of an EX automatic) told me June or July. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, for some reason I thought that all EXs were Real Time 4WD.

How do you like the manual transmission? The EX I test drove was an automatic but I think I want a stick. I must admit that it was the best shifting automatic I had ever driven.

Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I took delivery of my 5SPD EX 2WD on Jan.31. They seem to be readily available. The manual is the only way to go - driving it is a reall hoot! Super short shift throws and very fast clutch take-up. Its very easy to drive it smoothly. Member element-j is correct, the AWD 5speeds won't be available until March. Realistically though, I bet we won't see one until late April or early May. :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i was betting on june myself, for the EX manual 4wd.. they will be busy with all the others for now!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Boy- I blew that last reply. What i should have said was element j was correct about the manual AWD being available in June per the Honda brochure. However, I keep hearing that the manual AWDs will be available in march. To me, this kinda makes sense. I think Honda knows it has a good thing going now and to release a new variant would take advantage of another segment of the marketplace. However, there is the problem of re-tooling an assembly line - soooo i guess we'll just have to take a wait and see approach. Sorry for the faux pas. :oops:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
no problem about the faux pas, i was not sure if i was losing my mind, eh it is possible, lesser things have happened :D So no prob!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have not seen an EX 4WD stick yet but a dealer near me (outside DC in VA) did have an EX 2WD stick.

I have been told so many things before I bought my E that I don't believe any of the dealers in my area. I was told there will be no Orange till April (have seen two) I was told there would be no 2WD EX till late march (another dealer has 3) so it all seem to come down to the dealers are trying to sell what they have in stock.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Is that the DC Dealers or the VA (I guess Alexandria, right?) Dealers?

That is a shame when the dealers have to be like that, have they ever heard of repeat business or word of mouth, ugh!

Have you hit the net at all for your Element hunt, and which one are you looking for, what color, and which version (EX, DX and 4wd or 2wd)?

Perhaps there might be some help here, and again good luck!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes I looked at Lanmark in ALexandria, Fairfax and Tyson's Corner.

I started out wanting the EX 2WD Orange and nothing else. Then my wife started feeling the 4wd would give her some piece of mind. Then I saw the bule in person and loved it as well so that is what I bought. I can't be any happier.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ok cool so you do have your Ellement, and isn't that blue to die for.. ahhh
Well cool.. ENJOY!

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:48f63d19b9="lon777"]Boy- I blew that last reply. What i should have said was element j was correct about the manual AWD being available in June per the Honda brochure. However, I keep hearing that the manual AWDs will be available in march. To me, this kinda makes sense. I think Honda knows it has a good thing going now and to release a new variant would take advantage of another segment of the marketplace. However, there is the problem of re-tooling an assembly line - soooo i guess we'll just have to take a wait and see approach. Sorry for the faux pas. :oops:[/quote:48f63d19b9]

I hope that they do come out in March with the AWD manual. Are dealers taking any orders on these or do we just have to wait for them to show up on the lot?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
some dealers may take deposits others will not. If they take a deposit most do not deposit it is just kinda an informal agreement.

I suggest get in touch with several dealers, let them know what you want and to call you when it comes in.. and the one who really wants your business will do this.

The dealers here were great about that, and did keep me posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
THE ELEMENT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN A 4WD MANUAL ONLY IN THE DX VERSION. :( SADLY TO SAY THAT THE EX WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE. THE REASON YOU ARE GETTING DIFFERENT ANWERS FROM DEALERSHIPS, IS THAT HONDA IS NOT TELLING US WHAT IS HAPPENING. ONE MINUTE YOU CAN GET THIS, NEXT MINUTE YOU CAN'T. ALSO, GOING TO SEVERAL DEALERSHIPS IS A PLUS!!! DEALERSHIPS ARE ALLOCATED A CERTAIN AMOUNT, IT VARIES BY THE NUMBER OF CIVIC 2DR COUPES THEY SELL. SO THE MORE THEY SELL THE MORE THEY GET.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My literature tells me both EX and DX will be available in AWD 5-speed in May-June. Why would Honda change it's mind on that? From a manufacturing point of view there is no reason to eliminate the EX from a 5-speed AWD, since the differences in the two models are a couple extras, and they are probably building the AWD DX and EX on the same line already. It would actually be more effort not to release a 5-speed in both trim levels. I think this is another example of misinformation, or misunderstanding in the communications between dealer and Honda. If not, Honda just screwed themselves out of atleast one customer. Sorry Honda, no 5-speed AWD EX, and I'm keeping my Wrangler!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
According to the Official Honda Website News Article: (Torrance, Calif November 13, 200) http://hondacars.com/info/news/article.asp?ArticleID=2002111345918&Category=Element

• Element will be available in DX and EX trim levels with either front-wheel drive or Real Time 4WD. Both models will be available with a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission. A 2.4-liter, 160-horsepower 4-cylinder engine with i-VTEC "intelligent" variable valve control will power all models.

The front-wheel drive Element DX with a 5-speed manual transmission has a MSRP of $16,100. With a 4-speed automatic, it will be priced at $16,900. The Element DX equipped with Real Time 4WD and automatic transmission will have a MSRP of $18,300

All Real Time 4WD models will be equipped with a removable rear skylight with tilt feature. A 5-speed manual transmission for 4WD models will be available in spring, 2003.

Also on the other page with the element where you can view options, photos etc:

• Choose the Element that is right for you.

2WD DX Starting At $16,100

4WD DX Starting At $18,300

2WD EX Starting At $18,650

4WD EX Starting At $20,850

when you go to "build" you element online the choices are (which are option available NOW):

• DX

2WD Manual Transmission

2WD Automatic Transmission

4WD Automatic Transmission

EX

2WD Manual Transmission

2WD Automatic Transmission

4WD Automatic Transmission

1 - 16 of 16 Posts