Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my E yesterday(sunset orange) and I love it. I did find a stainless steel exaust tip for $10 at Wal Mart, yes I said Wal Mart....it took about 2 min to put on and was a lot cheaper than buying one thru Honda and looks great. I will have to see if it stands up as good since it might be a cheaper product, but for $10 I'll take the chance. Have Pic of it installed that I can Email

Jeff

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Congrats on your new E and welcome to the boards!

Isn't that crazy about the costs of things??? I think someone on this board went to an auto supply store and bought a Chrome Tip for like $5....pays to shop around!

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, I'll do it... I saw an exhaust tip at a autoparts store, it looks longer and a little better than the honda and cheaper too !, only five bucks. I had been contimplating on which to buy, honda or the aftermarket kind. I'll do the five bucks one. :wink:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Why would you put on a fake tip when you could replace the entire exhaust system with a polished unit for about $1000...Wait...Sorry...I just came from the foglight link...I don't know what I was thinking.
I cut my exhaust back about 8-10 inches or so and got one of those mondo cool Pilot Stainless Exhaust tips...It was $20, but has a square opening and looks much smoother than the "HONDA TIP".

·
Registered
22 Posts

Do the tip yourself? I looked at those tips, and the quality seemed to be a bit better than the $5 ones, so the option is attractive.I have a '72 Eldo I was restoring, and the buzzards went under it and stole my tips. I now throw some tap welds into my project whenever possible..Only in NY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote:948708e352="Kayakin' Dan"]Why would you put on a fake tip when you could replace the entire exhaust system with a polished unit for about $1000...Wait...Sorry...I just came from the foglight link...I don't know what I was thinking.
I cut my exhaust back about 8-10 inches or so and got one of those mondo cool Pilot Stainless Exhaust tips...It was $20, but has a square opening and looks much smoother than the "HONDA TIP".[/quote:948708e352]
I guess I apoligize for letting people know that the same(kinda) item Honda sells for $30 is at wal mart for $5-$10, I get really tired of idiots that have no respect for people!!!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
[quote:d672b40589="JeffFryYourRealEstateGuy"]I guess I apoligize for letting people know that the same(kinda) item Honda sells for $30 is at wal mart for $5-$10, I get really tired of idiots that have no respect for people!!!
Jeff[/quote:d672b40589]

Jeff,

I think you're the only person that couldn't tell that KayakinDan's comment was a tongue-in-cheek remark. Haven't you seen the extended thread on fake fogs? I get tired of people with no sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Thanks Jeff for the info, I will head on over to wal-mart tomorrow and get that chrome tip. I can't believe the dealer wants near $30.00 for that thing.

Shane

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay I jumped this bandwagon too early. I went and revolted against overpriced Honda parts and got a Pep Boys chrome tip. There was only one there that:
1) Looked remotely worth the effort
2) Looked remotely good quality
3) Looked like it would fit

So I got it with some other items. I got home and put it on. Kind of a klugey bracket system and I didn't like the look of it after a day or so. It cost $19.95. There was nothing there for anything like the alleged Wal-Mart $5.

I then ordered the Honda one with my seat covers order from Handa.com It was only $21 and went on much better, seems much nicer and looks MUCH better than the Pep Boys one. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The reason people spend a little more money and get the Honda exhuast tip is... BECAUSE IT IS HONDA.

If you want the original, you gotta spend a few bucks more. I think it is worth it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In a thousand years you'll be dead, The tip will have rusted and no one will care. :shock:

·
Registered
653 Posts
[quote:29e64e2ca0="Kayakin' Dan"]I cut my exhaust back about 8-10 inches or so and got one of those mondo cool Pilot Stainless Exhaust tips...It was $20, but has a square opening and looks much smoother...[/quote:29e64e2ca0]

Hey Dan, could you post a pic of your square exhaust tip? Where'd ya snag the part at? (I looked at H & A and didn't see any square tips.)

And is it just held on with a screw or two or is this more of a weld-on thang?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i too got a square tip at pep boys for $19.95
it fits pipse up to 3 inch/i cut a little off the stock exhaust, just about up to where it gets a little wider at the end and then put the square on/it only sticks out as far as the stock exhaust and looks really perfect for a box on wheels!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Pictures, anyone?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts