Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was headed south from Jacksonville for a week of kayak flyfishing in the Everglades, when about 50 miles outside of Boca Raton, noticed that the temperature was elevated. Pulled off the road, and once things had cooled down, opened up the radiator cap and saw that the level was low, and on further inspection, there was coolant thrown all over the engine compartment. Added some water and kept my eye on the temp as I made my way to Florida City. Once there, I took my Element into the service department at Largo Honda. While it took them 3 days to get parts ordered and installed, they couldn't have taken better care of me. Since this issue was part of the Service Bulletin 08-097 (Radiator Core Restriction), it was completely covered at no charge to me. I'd like to give a shout out to Ricky Lopez (Service Rep) and the folks at Largo, they helped make the best of a painful issue.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Awesome, glad they took care of you instead of taking care of you. When you're away from home and have a mechanical issue it always seems to make people think you deserve to get screwed since you'll probably never be back anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts