Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG, I just got my element last night and I can't get enough of it....already been joy-riding and cruising...

I want to sleep in my element...i never want to leave it....anyone else have similar sentiments when they first got theirs??

---enjoying finding all the little gadgets and what not ---

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have had mine since Wednesday, and that day I had to leave her alone to fly off for a business trip. It was such a pleasure to get back with her last night for a trip. Accessoriew go in later today when I start to wake up. :lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have had mine since March 31st and still have these feelings!

I still won't let my husband drive it...I know I am bad! But it is my baby!

Congrats on your new E!!!! What color did you end up getting??

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:e41375bdfd="pickupstix"]OMG, I just got my element last night and I can't get enough of it....already been joy-riding and cruising...

I want to sleep in my element...i never want to leave it....anyone else have similar sentiments when they first got theirs??

---enjoying finding all the little gadgets and what not ---[/quote:e41375bdfd]

That's great to hear. I love to hear about people being happy, and especially about being happy in their Elements.

I guess I've had an on-and-off love affair with cars most of my life - my father being first a car salesman, then a car dealer for this "odd foreign car" that at first nobody had heard of - Mercedes-Benz. I had wonderful car love going on until I was out on my own and had crappy cars. Then better times came and I had two vehicles I really enjoyed, followed by two that were okay but not wonderful.

But here comes the Element. The Element love, is for me both a very young, goofy, carefree sort of love, and a sort of mature "been around the block, know a thing or two" love. Enough spark to make you giddy, and enough sensibility to carry you through the long haul.

Lord, I'm romanticizing a car! I obviously need a psychiatrist or something!

May you and your E have many happy miles of safe and bother-free driving together!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had my E since the end of January and have put almost 15k miles on it already. I've had many cars in my tender 46 years, but have only REALLY liked my 1967 Red VW beetle, and my E. I think it has a lot to do with the uniqueness of both and the statement they make. Both vehicles are absolute prood to me that the price tag has nothing whatsoever to do with gratification. My beetle cost a paltry $500 but is worth it's weight in gold - to ME.

·
Registered
352 Posts
it's funny, but with the E, the "new car feeling" lasts for a very long time. I've had mine since Feb.1 and I still can't get over how many stares and comments I draw EVERY DAY. The people who ask to look at it are always impressed with it's functional design. I've been driving hondas since 1988 and this is the very best one yet that i have ever owned.

P.S. to spinster nice to have another E here in OKC. If I see one a week, it's amazing. Also remember the official wave for the E owners club is the shaka. Have Fun!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ooops me make faux pas. That P.S. was for pickupstix not spinster. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks Lon! I got the Shoreline Mist and love it....started @ Fowler and left Bob Howard with my E at 9:00 at night. Worked on Fri, but since then I have already driven over 200 miles just for the fun of it...

I went to eat lunch at T.G.I.Friday's friday and my friend and I parked our cars next to each other on the front row (Her pearl white Montero Sport next to my Shoreline Mist Element). ANYHOW, we were sat coincidentally by the window that was directly in front of our cars. As we were eating, she said "look out the window."

A group of 5 people were on their lunchbreak and one woman started walking all around my E and looking in all the windows. Had I not been in the middle of chewing my food, I would have gone out there and show her my new baby. Just another fun story.

Love driving around and watching heads turn!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay so less than 72 hours after my E got home I have nearly 500 miles on it. Now i am not one that seriously looks at mileage, especially with a Honda and the fact that the E is such a road trip car, but i just can't get enough....

I love showing (off) my new E. And my friends feel so priveledged when i let them drive! I am going to be just like the rest of you out there with a year's worth of miles in only a matter of months.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been driving mine around since the end of Jan and still getting comments. There was a bad accident on a two-lane road yesterday so I had to stop. A fireman walked up to my E. I thought he was going to tell me I had to turn around, blah blah blah. I rolled the window down and he exclaimed, "Is that the Element?". We chatted for about 5 min about the car, but then I did have to turn around!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts