Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2007 SC and im looking to get a full exhaust and a cold air intake. Im not that good with prices or finding car parts and that's why im here. I was wondering if someone could help me find the parts i want a a reasonable price. Keep in mind I live in California. Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
Start with the CARB board aftermarket parts listings if you're in California. You can do anything you want to your exhaust after the CAT converter as long as you have some type of muffler on it and it isn't too loud. AS for a CAI, make sure you check the year matchup and installation allowances if you want to leave it on for SMog. CAI's or Short rams usually run anywhere from $100-$300 or more. And Exhaust systems really depend on what you're doing. IF you make it yourself, and buy your own muffler for the rear, it could cost as little as $80, wheras a name brand or parts dealt one could cost from $150 - $1,000 or more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Intake:
Injen CAI #SP1727 - $200-300, fits 2007-2008 (and possibly 2009 because there's no engine/layout changes), comes in polished silver or black.

(copied from INjen's site)
Exhaust:
Injen SES #SES1726 - $500+?, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Element L4 2.4 60mm Exhaust System w/ S.S. Tip, 2WD/AWD & SC Models

(copied and pasted from Gibson's site)
Gibson #314001 Single Rear Exhaust Kit; Aluminized; Incl. Superflow™ CTF Muffler/Pipes/Stainless Tip/Hangers/Clamps/Hardware; $312.47
Gibson #614001 Single Rear Exhaust Kit; Stainless; Incl. Superflow™ CTF Muffler/Pipes/Stainless Tip/Hangers/Clamps/Hardware; $422.75

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Intake:
Injen CAI #SP1727 - $200-300, fits 2007-2008 (and possibly 2009 because there's no engine/layout changes), comes in polished silver or black.

(copied from INjen's site)
Exhaust:
Injen SES #SES1726 - $500+?, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Element L4 2.4 60mm Exhaust System w/ S.S. Tip, 2WD/AWD & SC Models

(copied and pasted from Gibson's site)
Gibson #314001 Single Rear Exhaust Kit; Aluminized; Incl. Superflow™ CTF Muffler/Pipes/Stainless Tip/Hangers/Clamps/Hardware; $312.47
Gibson #614001 Single Rear Exhaust Kit; Stainless; Incl. Superflow™ CTF Muffler/Pipes/Stainless Tip/Hangers/Clamps/Hardware; $422.75
what would do suggest i get? all i really want is the most amount of power without being to conspicuous around cops haha

·
Registered
106 Posts
Definitely get the Injen SP1727 Cold Air Intake (and save you stock intake just in case). The exhausts are up to you, Injen's seems to be better built. But if $ is a concern, I would recommend the Gibson (stainless)... They both won't get the cops on you and are quiet at cruising speed IMHO. I helped a good friend who used to be active here on the forum with his Gibson, it's a nice cat back system.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got one more question lol. is this exhaust legal in california. would i be able to pass smog and does this exhaust mess with the catalytic converter? Pretty much can someone teach me about exhausts lol, please and thank you

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I got one more question lol. is this exhaust legal in california. would i be able to pass smog and does this exhaust mess with the catalytic converter? Pretty much can someone teach me about exhausts lol, please and thank you
The Injen exhaust is 100% legal in CA. It is a CAT back system, so your CAT
and all your O2 sensors are in place and in tact. There is no need for an EO#.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
so the way it works is either u have a cat back exhaust or straight pipes?
There are a few ways to do an exhaust system.

1) Axel back. This just replaces the muffler. 100% legal in CA.

2) Cat back. The one I explained above.

3) Straight or Test pipe system. This removes the catalytic converter from
the system, and is 100% ILLEGAL in CA. Unless you have a Turbo, removing
the Cat is not worth the headache and time or effort (IMO).

If I were you, I would get the Injen or the Gibson. They are both bolt on
systems, legal, and will not get unwanted attention from the police. I have
the Injen, and I love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Gibson too and love it, my brother got his from ebay but I wanted a valid warranty(the winter salt here destroys metal) so I got it here. gibson 314001, or you can try one of the vendors here on the forum, they are always having sales/specials. Either way its a great system and very easy to install and for the price you give it a look.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its kool. i already got my Injen CAI and im waiting for my Injen exhaust rite now. Should take a day or two more.
I got the Injen exhaust a couple of weeks ago and really like the sound. Let us know how you like it when you get it. Have you noticed any performance changes with just the Injen CAI on?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well i got it in the mail on Friday and im going this Monday to my friends body shop to use his car lift. ill take pics for everyone to see. o and yes i have noticed a performance boost from the CAI. and the sound difference is wayyy awesome as well

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.