Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 2 years ago, I had an exhaust cutout installed on my box. Will this actually increase performance? Or its just a lost of back pressure and lose power? I'm not looking to race or anything, but I love to make some noise once in a while as a practical joke. =D

Last question, is this BAD for the motor, or is it OK?...

here's a picture. its a little dirty. i haven't cleaned it since the installation.

and heres a video for anybody who's interested. out of my 2 years of having this, this is the first video i recorded yesterday afternoon.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/mar_tinnnnn/?action=view&current=MVI_4178.flv

·
Registered
793 Posts
You will loose bottom end power, but your top end should be nice... Only problem with the electric cutouts is sometimes they get stuck... I.E. Vroom Vroom(switch the cutout open) VROOOOOOM! And a cop pulls up and youre idiling like a lawnmower. The one day I ran an open cat on the e when I was installing the turbo was the most annoying day of my life.

·
Registered
523 Posts
How good of an idea is it to dump 1000+ degree air underneath the vehicle?

·
Registered
556 Posts
is that squeaking noise the air blowing past the valve as it opens and closes?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that squeaking noise the air blowing past the valve as it opens and closes?
the valve itself is squeeking. it used to be silent upon opening, but its getting old and rusty. plus i havent cleaned it since the installation back almost 2 years ago.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How good of an idea is it to dump 1000+ degree air underneath the vehicle?
true, its not really the best idea. infact, its not a good idea at all. i'll give you that, but its rarely opened, and if it is, its only opened for a 2 or 3 minutes at most, and only if im moving, not parked in one spot.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will loose bottom end power, but your top end should be nice... Only problem with the electric cutouts is sometimes they get stuck... I.E. Vroom Vroom(switch the cutout open) VROOOOOOM! And a cop pulls up and youre idiling like a lawnmower. The one day I ran an open cat on the e when I was installing the turbo was the most annoying day of my life.
you tubro'd your E?! did i read that right?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not good for the engine since there isn't any feedback from the sensors before and after the cat. Engine is probably going into default mode or something. You are losing hp and torque through the rev range.

And when you close it you dumping the exhaust into the cat and that isn't good for the cat.

Fred

1 - 8 of 8 Posts