Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have an '04 Element automatic 2WD with 211,000+ miles on the odo. Today, I replaced all of the mounts (3 engine, 1 transmission). That was necessary, as the rubber in the front mount and transmission mount were both cracked and I was getting a nasty vibration.

While I was under there, with everything cold, I think I narrowed down a nasty squeak that has been bothering me for a few years now. My mechanic wasn't able to pinpoint it, so I have just lived with it.

As it turns out, I think the squeak is coming from the exhaust. When I move the exhaust, even ever so slightly, at the point where it meets the engine, I can duplicate the noise.

I noticed there are two (at least two that i can see) bolts which have springs attached to the heads of them. I'm sure there is a technical name for these, but I'm not sure what they are called. The noise _seems_ to be coming from that point. Not positive.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and, if so, what has been done to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance!
Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts