Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls....anyone know if someone do an aftermarket exhaust for the E like Greddy. DC sport, Mugen, Apexi...I found the cold air intake ( Ingen ) but no exhaust....I dont want something loud...but one who will increase torque and performance with a nice sound....a 10 hp to the wheels could be nice...

If you found this PM me

·
Registered
474 Posts
I changed the factory exhaust. I utilized a Borla Turbo muffler with a 2.5" pipe from the catalytic converter back. Eliminating the stock muffler set-up saves close to 60-80 lbs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Any idea on HP gain?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yellow, have you seen Honda.suv, a forum similiar to this one? SurfCity has a exhaust he is waiting to install, a custom one, according to him, as well as anti-sway bars, too. Check it out.

Ger

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote:f7959d0f2e=" "]Hi guys and girls....anyone know if someone do an aftermarket exhaust for the E like Greddy. DC sport, Mugen, Apexi...I found the cold air intake ( Ingen ) but no exhaust....I dont want something loud...but one who will increase torque and performance with a nice sound....a 10 hp to the wheels could be nice...

If you found this PM me

Hi,

This is David Borla of Borla Exhaust. We manufacture high performance, T304 stainless steel, aftermarket exhaust systems with a million mile, no-hassle warranty. I noticed that some of you are unhappy with the durability of your stock exhaust system and I was wondering if there is a demand for a better performing and more durable aftermarket exhaust for the Element. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
David,
I would be very interested in a better exhaust system. But, I do not want it to sound like the tricked out Hondas here in SoCal. Quiet but with an increase in performance and a better looking back end :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
hi there david, i mos def agree with tygh, no annoying sounds please!!! i want an exhaust to sound nice and quiet with a lil hum that the sound is barely noticeable and for people to be able to tell that its not a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi David, from a former longhaired leaping gnome from the muscle car generation. Yes, I would like something different on my Element. I switched to a Magnaflow because I wanted something with a lower sound that did not sound like the riced out imports with an engine about ready to rattle like it was about to let go, and for the added benefit of getting better gas mileage by letting it breathe more. The salesman who sold me this system claimed better gas milage/power and a sound I would like by replacing the system from the cat converter on back, replacing the resonator and muffler and adding a twin outlet, side-by-side dual exhaust look. He also increased the diameter of the system by 1/4 of an inch from stock, claiming that this would not "over"increase the backflow, which the Element 4 banger needed. I am happy with the sound, but not the gasmileage, as it seemed to get worse rather than get better. Other people have told me that perhaps I need to look at the top end and install a better intake because I seem to be taking in less air than I am letting out the exhaust. Does this sound right? Should I diddle with the intake and install something like a K & N intake, or a cold air intake to balance out my system, or is the answer a better exhaust, like the Borla system? And would THIS system need a better intake to balance it out correctly?

Thanks,

Ger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last night after reading this trend I added a second exhaust tip as shown. I also rolled a small section of expanded metal to add a little deeper exhaust note. Sounds very nice without being too loud. Chrome tips were bought a PepBoys.

I took me 2 hours with a manual tube bender.

Later,

Spyderman

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where did you get the R/T AWD badge and what does R/T signify? Great looking exhaust!

Thanks,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Larry is correct...R/T is short for Real Time.

I did the artwork then had several decals made to somewhat give my "E" a sportier look. I had thought about JDM "realtime" decals but I didn't like the way they looked.

Glad you liked them.

I have a couple sets left if you're interessted. $15 set

Spyderman

·
Registered
35 Posts
Spyderman,

I am interested in buying a set. Please let me know how they attach and what purchase method you would prefer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts