Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got in my exhaust trim. I did not think I wanted it, but the more I thought about it, I thought I would take a look at it. I ordered it from H and A, and WOW, it looks great on.

It does not take much to put on, only one screw and it goes on real quick. It does dress up the Element a lot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got mine yesterday from HandA... I hope to install it tomorrow (it's been raining the last two days, plus I need to wash the E, so I hope to do it all at once -- install, clean, etc.)...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Puppy,

Let us know what you think of it. It does not look like much in the box, but once it is attached, it does add something. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just put it on, and it looks really nice! In fact, the whole idea was from my wife; I was a bit more hesitant. But it looks good.

the only issue that I have with it is that the bolt that holds it on sticks out kinda far. I'm 99.9% sure I installed it correctly; it would be nice if that bolt wasn't so obvious....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup. The exhaust trim is something you can add to help make the Element your own. While it does not add anything to the performance, I think it just adds something to the look.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought a tail-pipe (heavily-plated chrome) cover made by Bell (good company) at Walmart for $19.99. It looks great and the bolts on all these extenders can be cut with a hacksaw to make them less obvious.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I also added the exhaust tip on. It does look nice. It took a while for me to get used to it. Looks a bit like a beer can bolted on the end of the pipe. I do like the fact that Honda's exhast tip is stainless, which holds up much better than chrome. However the stainless material has a bit of a gold color to it compared to chrome.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I took my E to Autozone and they tried on a couple of chrome exaust tips, but they stuck out so far and you could still see some of the original tailpipe, so I took it to a shop in town and they cut the end of the tailpipe and fitted it with a chrome tip- all for 12 bucks! 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wouldn't recommend sawing off the end of your tail pipe just to fit it with a (temporary) trim end(!). Most of these tail pipe covers don't last more than a year(depending on where you live) and then you're left with a short tail pipe which might cause co2 to enter the car's interior. The length of the tail pipe is carefully calculated to vent co2 AWAY from the vehicle. The cover I bought at Walmart from Bell fit perfectly and did not require any "surgery" to install. :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well the end they put on was pretty long in comparison to the others I looked at. Now when you look down at the tailpipe, all you see is chrome. I guess I will have to make them replace it if it starts to look bad. They are pretty nice guys there, especially to girls. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts