Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would to start by saying i know nothing about exhausts, my knowledge is based on swapping a muffler out on an 04 f150 so take it easy on me so here goes, is it possible to upgrade the exhaust without the whiny high pitched noise. i tried to do a search but i have no idea what to search for.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hiya- I have installed a Gibson cat-back exhaust on my '05 4WD EX, and it doesn't have a "whiny" sound at all. On the other hand it doesn't have the deep sound of a big-block V-8 either. Doubt that's possible.

The Gibson setup I was referring to isn't made for the 4WD E and had to have a tailpipe fabricated for it so I can't recommend you go that route.
Injen makes a cat-back system for the 4WD but it's expensive.

If I had to do it over again I'd just have gone down to the muffler shop and explained what I wanted and they'd have put something on fairly inexpensively.

If you want to take some time and use the "search" function you'll find lots of info on this as well as some links to some videos with sound so you can maybe get some ideas.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put the injen system on last week and it sounds great and was a very eays bolt on. I think it took about 2 hours in the driveway...

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey good idea but take some time and read all of my post
And you want people to take it easy on YOU? Yeesh!

Just click on "Search" at the top of the page and type in...."exhaust sound," for instance- you can choose to see individual posts or threads- and click on "go." I found a whole bunch of stuff under "exhaust sound," and I'm quite sure there's a LOT more. I mean, just jump on in there- don't be shy- and have patience, Grasshopper.

·
Registered
575 Posts
hey good idea but take some time and read all of my post
Not going to take it easy on ya when ya snap back like that:roll:

+1 on the Injen. If you search Injen you will find some good info on here. It's not whiny but like said before a little 4 banger is never going to sound like a big v8.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I put the Injen Cat-Back exhaust on my Element. It works with the 4WD Elements as well as the 2WD, which is definitely a bonus. When I was looking, i did some searches on YouTube and found some clips of the sound on an Element. That helped sell me.

The Injen cat-back is an easy bolt-on project. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wasnt snapping back i was just showing where i didnt know what to search for... if i had been a member on here for a year i could understand the "just search for it" reply but i just joined and i am still learning how this forum is divided up and works... btw its discouraging for a new member to ask a question and not get help, i was expecting a "check out this thread", or "look at this website"

but i do appreciate the information on the different exhausts and i made my way over to youtube to check out videos.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome and on the top of this thread section is this.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13460

There you will find a LOT of info on what others have done including me witch I got a custom setup installed and its great without the loud whine I think you are talking about. Just look for a system that flows good but is not too noisy. Unless you like that.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts