• No

Votes: 79 52.7%

• Total voters
581 - 592 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
bump

Hi there. I am thinking about getting the Honda Care. I got an online quote from Saccucci for $1075 for the 8yr/120K plan. That does not sound too bad. Anybody have any experiance buying from them? They indicate that it can be used at any Honda dealer.

Also, I have heard some bad things about Honda Care online. That Honda will go to some extreme lengths to deny paying for something. Is Honda Care a joke? Would love to hear about other member's experiences with dealing with Honda.

Thanks.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Your E should just be getting broke in good at 120,000 miles. Little chance that it will ever need enough work to cover the cost of an extended warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda Care or other Warranties

I just purchased a used 2010 Element from a Southern California Dealership. I was employed by an international oil co. some years ago, and my department handled their corp. fleet worldwide among other things, so I have a background in fleet management. As a general rule of thumb, most reliable cars like Honda will give you about 100,000 miles service without major repairs. Do make sure you are doing regular, general maintenance, or all bets are off. Certain items do wear out over time. Alternator, A/C compressor, etc should all go about 100,000 miles (replaced my C-RV alt. at 96,000+ miles, A/C went at 106,000). They tried to sell me the Honda Care for $2,495 covering to 120,000 miles. When I declined, they dropped to $1,795. I declined again and they went down to their "cost" (so stated anyway) of $1,295. I still declined it. The A/C Compressor, dryer receiver cost about $895. The alternator cost right at $500. If you can get into the under the $1,100 to $1,200 range, it might be worth it. Also, keep in mind that rebuilt parts are only good for about 60,000 miles. (and usually only the more "reliable" re-manufacturing outfits). As for all the rest of the more than $4,000 in "warranties" and coverages they wanted to sell me, I declined them all. Unless you're in the habit of breaking lots of stuff on your car, they are not really worth it in the long run. Also, you will have a deductible/co pay when using the warranty. Honda Care does cover a lot, so if you do break a lot of stuff, then you might consider it. They spent about 45 minuted selling me a car, and almost 3 hours trying to get me to buy other things I didn't need. BTW, the extended warranty I bought on my used C-RV only cost me around $400 to $500. Shop around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took the 7yr/100k warranty. It was around $20/mo more on the payment, so it was worth the peace of mind to me. I might never use it, but I know I won't have to worry and that was worth the cost for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did

I'm glad I did got an extended warranty on my 2005 Element because of my experience with a Subura. I had to use my extended warranty on my Element right away for the passenger window because it fell and it sure saved me money. Today I dropped off my Element to have the drivers side window fixed. I love my Element and I sure am glad I have an extended warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Extended Warranty to or not to

Buying my 2010 from CarMax. It has 50,400 miles. They asked if I want the extended warranty. 125,000 miles with 100 dollar deductible if I use their shop and it will cost me 2,189. My credit union will sell me one from Route 66 Easy street for 100,000 miles for 1700 without any deductible. I can't fix anything on a car and would be helpless if anything big happened. My last Honda had 79 thousand miles and the only thing wrong was the passenger window piece broke that allowed the window to go up...cost me 200 for one plastic part and the labor.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I have bought a lot of cars in the last 50 years and I have never bought an extended warranty. I've never regretted it.

IMO, it's a waste of money and a profit center for dealers.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
I bought one with mine (got a pretty good price on the whole deal), even tho I CAN fix almost anything, and, five years later, NEVER used it. Unfortunately, didn't get any money returned....:-(
A personal choice (of course), but, if you know/have a trusted mechanic and take care of your E, it's probably going to be wasted money. Put that money in a savings account for the potential "what if" and you now have an emergency fund. My .02 worth.
BTW - CONGRATS and post pix when you get a chance!! :roll: :razz: :)

581 - 592 of 592 Posts