Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a small incident with the middle (silver colored) plastic panel on my rear bumper.

Are these molded to color or are the painted?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a round concrete 2 ft "piling" that was protecting a utility box that was completely invisible to me when I was backing up. It seems to have left a minor indentation AND white "stress marks" (like if you bend a plastic pen cap).

I wouldn't have though that the stress marks would show through if it were painted... thought would only be visible if molded.

I think due to the indentations I will probably replace it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was just reading in another thread on the weekend that somebody else did the same kinda thing. It will come with some joy that you hear that the replacement cost was a measly $40. Sorry I can't remember what THREAD it I read it in but I think the cost would be the same at all dealers.

For the record the coloured dash piece above the glove compartment cost me $12 (canadian) My wife had a boo-boo with the sharp edge of the head rest. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I forgot to mention that it seemed like it would be easy as heck to replace yourself. It looks like it just clips into place. 8)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Boy can I ramble on eh? Just for the record Honda employed the use of Xenoy (reg. trademark) for the back bumper(made by G.E Plastics). It is refered to as a Thermoplastic alloy and is heralded as very cheap to replace and very good for rear crash protection. I think it was a 5 Star rating :idea:

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes it is cheap it is abou $40 for the piece and about $40 for them to put it on . i would think it is easy to do it yourself any instructions on how to please i have the same problem

·
Registered
351 Posts
Take a look at the Honda trailer hitch installation instructions. The second step is to remove the rear bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts