Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried replacement velcro, replacement stickers, replacement double sided tape. I just used 2 monster black ezpass sized (not kidding) velcro things and plop, it keeps falling and hitting the dash. It seems like the glue melts no matter what I use. That and the angle of the windshield makes it seem impossible to keep it behind the rear view mirror. I am NOT going to stick some velcro tape to the dash, if you are thinking of that as a solution.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here in Florida you can get a suction cup device that will hold the older, larger SunPass transponders.

Clean the inside of the window with alcohol. then reapply the velcro. If that won't do it a quick set epoxy (I like Devcon) works wonders and can removed with a razor blade.

s

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I've tried replacement velcro, replacement stickers, replacement double sided tape. I just used 2 monster black ezpass sized (not kidding) velcro things and plop, it keeps falling and hitting the dash. It seems like the glue melts no matter what I use. That and the angle of the windshield makes it seem impossible to keep it behind the rear view mirror. I am NOT going to stick some velcro tape to the dash, if you are thinking of that as a solution.
It almost sounds like your windshield has a coat of anti-fog on it. Did you clean the glass well with alcohol before mounting?

·
Registered
590 Posts
my EZpass works in my glovebox, forgot to put it back on after a glass replacement, and never put it back....

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i have two EZ Pass transponders and two Highway 407 transponders here for Canada... and proud to say the 3M lock they give sticks very well over the past 3 years.......

Call EZ Pass and ask for more!

·
Registered
836 Posts
velcro the thing to the backside of the rear view mirror if it would fit like that? otherwise clean the glass

·
Registered
480 Posts
As others have said, clean the glass with alcohol. Try clear silicone.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you are looking for an adhesive to bond the EZpass to the windshield and not velcro, go to a sign shop and ask to buy a foot of 3M VHB(very high bond) double sided tape. Clean the windshield with alcohol really well and the back of the EZpass. This tape is amazingly strong and will not be easily removed. It is also expensive $90-150 a roll depending on width.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody.

Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you are looking for an adhesive to bond the EZpass to the windshield and not velcro, go to a sign shop and ask to buy a foot of 3M VHB(very high bond) double sided tape. Clean the windshield with alcohol really well and the back of the EZpass. This tape is amazingly strong and will not be easily removed. It is also expensive $90-150 a roll depending on width.
Good point, I forgot about that stuff. You can actually buy it at True Value and Ace. The last roll I got was 3/4 or 1" and only like 10' long, but much less expensive. I think I paid around $10 for it. One of our General Contractors actually uses it to hang plate mirrors in bathrooms. Another plus is it's clear.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just leave my SunPass sitting on the dash. No tape, no velcro. It's just wedged in with the windshield and the dash.

Down here they are no offering a thin credit card sized sticker to use. Only problem is you can't grab tolls for someone b/c the sticker is permanently attached.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts