Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie and am considering buying an Element.
Test drove an 09 recently and the salesman said that the 09 had additional sound deadening and soundproofing over the previous years.
Test drove an 07 today and it did seem alot louder in regards to road noise. Both vehicles had the stock Goodyears.
Is there any truth to what the salesman said.
Excessive road noise would be an issue to me.
On another thought, I cannot believe that Honda does not offer a bluetooth option with the Element. Even the Navi equipped units don't have bluetooth. That is just plain crazy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think there is some truth to the sound deadening item. I recently bought an 09 after my 07 was destroyed in an accident, and it definitely has some additional insulation in the front quarter panels (I can see foam for example where there used to be none). I'm not sure it's *that* much quieter, though.

I am a newbie and am considering buying an Element.
Test drove an 09 recently and the salesman said that the 09 had additional sound deadening and soundproofing over the previous years.
Test drove an 07 today and it did seem alot louder in regards to road noise. Both vehicles had the stock Goodyears.
Is there any truth to what the salesman said.
Excessive road noise would be an issue to me.
On another thought, I cannot believe that Honda does not offer a bluetooth option with the Element. Even the Navi equipped units don't have bluetooth. That is just plain crazy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts