Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
I've researched this and come-up empty. I guess you and your parts counter guy could pore through the parts list and you could build one up yourself, but I have a hunch that it would be awfully pricey, and there would be multiple trips as you discover that you missed one bit or another.

Likely the best approach is aftermarket. Maybe not as elegant, but cheaper than an EX.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
I've researched this and come-up empty. I guess you and your parts counter guy could pore through the parts list and you could build one up yourself, but I have a hunch that it would be awfully pricey, and there would be multiple trips as you discover that you missed one bit or another.

Likely the best approach is aftermarket. Maybe not as elegant, but cheaper than an EX.

·
Registered
220 Posts
NO CAN DO. Can't get factory cruise added to a DX model. It's one of the downfalls of getting a DX model. You have to add aftermarket cruise, which I have never had any success with, only complaints and unsatisfied customers.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Hey, Mike...

FWIW, the inability to get what are usually line-item options in other makes - such as cruise control - without buying "the whole shooting match" is one of the reasons I normally do not consider Honda when new car shopping. The only reason I'm here at all is because the Element appears to solve several problems in how I use a vehicle.

I realize it has been this way for decades and my mere mention is not going to change a thing. However, you and the sales force need to be aware that at least for this customer it makes the difference in vehicle value - "what I need" versus "just too much to pay" - that sends me elsewhere.

Again, FWIW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about adding cruise control to a 2004 LX model? Along the same lines, could I add power mirrors to the same model?

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Anything can be done if you throw enough money at it.....but the question is will it be worth the effort in the long run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts