Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got all my accessories put on today except for a roof rack. I still can't make up my mind which way to go. I like THULE much better than YAKIMA plus I have a THULE cargo box from my last vehicle. I don't know if the THULE box will work on the factory racks. I still keep hoping to see either more photos of aftermarket racks here or some ELEMENTS on the road with an aftermarket rack to help me make up my mind. Has anyone here installed the factory rack themselves? How hard was it or should I just leave it to the pros?

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
273 Posts
installation was easy,,, pull off plastic tag and screw in.... i use the factory racks with my yakama bike system..... yakama now makes mighty mounts for the E.... (which are the same as the CRV).... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have Thule racks with Thule 50" load bars (can go longer) and a Thule Evolution cargo carrier. Super simple to put on. The load bars make a bit of a low whistling noise when on the highway, but nothing that would warrant me not having them. Can't hear em if the radio is on 1 or 2 and mine is usually on 11 anyway :wink:

-k00k

·
Registered
10 Posts
k00k,

How does the Thule rack mount to the roof? Does it mount directly into the factory fittings or is it some adaptor that makes use of the factory rails?

I have quite an investment in Yakima equipment and would rather go with them but they won't have a rack system that mounts directly to the Element until September. Originally I thought I could wait that long but putting the bikes in the car is getting grease all over the place and scratching up the bikes.

Many thanks in advance for any info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts