Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 EX w/ the 7 speaker system and I'm about to add the USA Spec Ipod adapter to my head unit. I've heard that you have to have a newer/ different factory head (xm radio compatible) unit to have text scroll across the screen when using your ipod. Does anyone know what year element I should start searching for to find a better factory radio? I want to stay with a factory radio due to it being less likely to have someone want to break into your car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2008 and my text does not scroll. It's kind of bammer if you ask me.

Please somebody tell me I'm just missing something here :lol:

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
poor excuse to go buy a new car, but if the wife buys it, more power to ya !!!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Huh?

I'm looking to buy a newer factory RADIO for my element.
I was just razzin....................
Even the radio in the wifes 07 CR-V doesn't read the titles, not sure any of the stock Honda Radio's do, but I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in soon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just razzin....................
Even the radio in the wifes 07 CR-V doesn't read the titles, not sure any of the stock Honda Radio's do, but I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in soon
LOL, No problems!! :grin:

I remember seeing a post where someone had their ipod song titles on the display screen. It might only work on the head units with the XM radio button? If that's the case I need to find out what year Elements had this radio.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the xm radio in my 2010. The radio doesn't scroll the title of the song playing on the ipod. It does show the artist and title of songs being played on XM.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 2003 EX w/ the 7 speaker system and I'm about to add the USA Spec Ipod adapter to my head unit. I've heard that you have to have a newer/ different factory head (xm radio compatible) unit to have text scroll across the screen when using your ipod. Does anyone know what year element I should start searching for to find a better factory radio? I want to stay with a factory radio due to it being less likely to have someone want to break into your car.
I don't know about the Element, but the Accord offered XM in 2004. You will need a stereo from an Element EX or SC. The Element LX had a basic stereo. Yes, the stereo needs to be XM ready for iPod text to be displayed on the screen. The USASpec unit does not scroll text, but it will display text. The iPod kit from Dice Electronics can be configured to scroll the text across the screen, or remain static. The Dice module will display the song title under the XM title field, and it will display Album*Artist under the XM Name field. Under Category and Channel, it will display Dice. Pressing the Display button on the stereo will allow you to choose which text field you want displayed. Look for an Element EX stereo from an '07 or newer because the in-dash CD will also read WMA/MP3 CD's with text display too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts