Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY all, Im planning to drive from Edmonton Alberta to California for the Holiday season and know to everybody oue E just doesnt have much room inside with 3 adult passengers with a 1 year old. so meaning stoller and playpen as his bed will be tagging along.
Happen to see this @ ebay for $300.00. If modified feet that would just feet for the E would this look good or Would this fit well in our E.
Thans all.
And as posted before, I have bought the Nissan Garmin gpd dock holder and soon when I get it I will post some pics of the install.
Thanx for any help..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
That would need a lot of modification. I don't think the roof of the E has the same curve as the FJ. You would be better off purchasing a yak/thule rack and finding an inexpensive basket on Amazon or getting something like the TPS Lizard rack that is custom made for the E if you want a full roof system.

·
Registered
816 Posts
That would need a lot of modification. I don't think the roof of the E has the same curve as the FJ. You would be better off purchasing a yak/thule rack and finding an inexpensive basket on Amazon or getting something like the TPS Lizard rack that is custom made for the E if you want a full roof system.
I agree, get the TPS Lizard rack. Made for the E and installs in a few minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think these guys are correct. The roof of a fj has a little more bend to it. Also i don't think the mounting brackets would line up. I looked into the fj rack before i got my Yakima set up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
FJ rack

I have always stated, that the FJ was the look I was going for with my rack design.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
this thread is like 5 years old

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Incase someone else stops by this thread in five years, search online for 4x4 off road / dune buggy type fabricators. Odds are they can fabricate, from scratch, exactly the type of rack system your after for the cost of an off the shelf unit.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
pictures? ;P

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The OP. Has not been on the site since 2011. I very seriously doubt that you are ever going to see Pictures !

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts