Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I'm looking into getting the Element Tent Option. I'll be setting it up just for the day at bike races and event like this. I will be using it as place to sorta, hang out, change, take a lil nap etc... For any of you that have one of these ... How much work is the tent to set up? ..How long does it take?

ALso does the tent need to be set up at the same level as the Element. For example; If I am at the park and I back into a parking place such that the rear tires are against the curb and the tailgate folds down over the sidewalk area, Can I set up the tent??:?:... The tent floor will be about 8" higher than the lot element is parked in. Does this make sense?

Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
It only takes about 5 minutes to set up with two people. It has two long bungee poles that you must slide through the sleeves on top of the tent. It would be hard to do yourself considering you then have to bend the poles and attach them at the corners. The tent stands way to high to do this yourself unless your 8 feet tall or have a lot of patience!! I don't see why you wouldn't be able to set it up if the tent floor was a little higher up. It is a regular tent with a chute (removable) that you can attach to the car.

Another option would be an easy up with sides. Check out this thread. It is sold out at Gander Mountain.com but if you have a store near you they are still available in the stores.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60858

I have both of these items and use both of them, the tent I use if I'm camping for more then 2 days and the easy up for shorter trips. It's just easier to set up!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went with the 10x10 easy up room because it's easier to set up by yourself. I can only imagine how difficult, if not impossible, it would be to set up the Honda tent by yourself. I'd rather have the tent, but decided to go with easy up... I got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts