Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Honda has factory tours of Element plant? I think they're normally made in Ohio somewhere.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sometime back, a EOC member inquired about a Liberty, Ohio plant tour for us.

The word came back that no tour was available for us. "Security reasons".

It would have made a great first annual meetup spot for us. I would certainly have roadtripped there. Besides, I would like to shake the hands of the people who made my car.

I think that all of us on EOC should send them a big collage of our photos as a big "Thank You" card.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh GREAT IDEA KIM!!!!!

I would be willing to put it all together if people want to send me their pics!
I'm a former art school geek so I think I could a decent job....I would totally mount them on canvas....and we could have little quips and quotes inbetween the pics about our E's

Oh I am excited now! The prospect of a new project!!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Diane:

You are nothing but a delight. How completely cool of you to bounce up and want to be arty with my little idea.

I'd suggest: start a thread, ask people's permissions to either use their posted pictures or solicit other pictures. Get quotes from people, and some idea of how they want to be identified (by initials, first name only, full name, first name last initial or nickname) and slap it all together.

Maybe the Element building people can look at it in their lunchroom or something and feel like their work is appreciated. It's always good to thank people. It just feels good to do, and sometimes it can really make someone's day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that's a great idea. I would certainly like to thank the folks who made my Element.

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:5bc0117038="TheLusciousHellcat"]The word came back that no tour was available for us. "Security reasons". [/quote:5bc0117038]

That's B.S. I'm certain we could get a tour. They even offer it on their website. I'm in Cincinnati, perhaps there's a Columbus E-owner who ought to attempt to coordinate it, as they may have an easier time contacting people. There were some folks on HonaSUV.com interested in doing this a while back, but the thread died. We ought to coordinate with both other boards to get maximum attendance. (I assume we all read all 3 boards, right?)

http://www.ohio.honda.com/manufacturing/tours/index.asp

[quote:5bc0117038="Honda of America Mfg. - Manufacturing - Plant Tours"]Tours of these facilities are limited. To obtain additional information, please call, toll free, 1-888-291-8687, or write to:

Honda of America Mfg.
Attn: Visitors Program
24000 Honda Parkway
Marysville, OH 43040-9251[/quote:5bc0117038]

·
Registered
69 Posts
I personally called their toll free number and spoke to one of the Honda reps and was told that I would be contacted when they resumed the plant tours. They said that they were temporary suspended with no mention of the reason why.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well Cincy, you saved me a call. Let us know when they contact you, I'm definately interested!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Top 11 Reasons for No Tour

a. Three Words: Osama Bin Hellcat (grin)
b. Somebody might sneak in and force the product engineers to admit keyless entry sales fund the factory coffee fund.
c. DX owners might storm the offices, chanting "Where's the open architecture stereo wiring harness, damn it?"
d. We might stumble upon the immense pile of cracked windshields out back.
e. They're worried we might find the giant candy apple red paint spill and call the EPA.
f. The scandal concerning the contract for the very proprietary EX factory amp might be uncovered.
g. The truth about Ratu Josefa Iloilo* working on the paint line may be true.
h. Somebody might notice the mutant modifications the plant employees are making to their Elements and be very afraid.
i. The Harry Potter book release security team might suffer a relapse and allow the truth about the missing forward sunroof to come out on Jerry Springer.
j. Somebody would have to explain how the AWD works in polysyllabic, sequential and semi-technical terms!
k. The design intern who forgot to include the fog light switch assembly in the fog light kit would be forced to hide in the broom closet for hours while we were there...

Capn

PS: Count me in on the tour - I'll have to drive by the Saturn plant to get there and that would be worth it.

* President of Fiji, for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts