Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could any of our tinting experts out there tell me what percent the factory tint is on the rear windows of the E? I realize this is not always an exact science.

·
Registered
46 Posts
it is roughly 17%.. varies a little

17 is acttually kinda the magic number for all the pretinted SUV's

Something eslse to keep in mind... those windows are not "TINTED". That is only colored glass.

Here's the difference... TINTED windows (those with a plastic film applied) ~

block 98-99% of harmful UV radiation,
reduce heat gain/loss (amount depends on film used)
increases glass strength
prevents glass shards from flying in the event of breakage
can be removed or lightened
sheilds interior parts from sun damage

FACTORY COLORED GLASS does ~

none of the above.

~~it is reccomended that anyone with factory COLORED GLASS apply tint over them as well to add the UV protection, shatter resistance, etc... tint does not have to be dark to be tint... tint is even available in 99% light transmission (i.e. crystal clear) ~ it is every bit as strong as limo tint and it's #1 purpose is to filter UV and provide strength... but there are plenty of light films like 50% and 70% out there too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tinting/colored glass info. In another topic your comments saved me the shame of overpaying for some worthless dealer "accessories". Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I can remember a product that you can apply and take off easily...like it attatches through static electricity or just otherwise clings in some fashion. It probably looks sloppy since it doesn't fully cover the glass....but does anyone know where I would get this stuff (if it exists)....did I just dream this up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts