Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stole the oh-so-frugal idea from iamhives over on another site to use two 3 3/4" mirrors in the front bumper "sockets" to simulate fog lights. Not only does it look pretty convincing from a short distance, but it's the best $3.18 (2 x $1.59) I've spent on my Element yet! :wink:

iamhives points out that the mirrors being convex diverges the light rather than focus so there is minimal reflection and/or glare.

·
Registered
155 Posts
[quote:f2dc5e0e45="eMass"]How did you wire them into the electrical system? :wink:[/quote:f2dc5e0e45]

Bendy straws should work fine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
No, first you take the Benford model number.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
i tried the same thing... looks great !!!!

thanks to all who share these ideas when they come up with them...yaaaaaaaay!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah me too! looks great - just until I hit lotto then I can get fog lights! :?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am heading to the auto store tomorrow! One question.....how did you attach? Do they have adheasive backs? And if so how long will the adheasive hold up when exposed to the "elememts"??

Thanks!
Diane :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, they do have a circular pad of commercial-grade double-sided adhesive foam tape on the back. I'm making the assumption that, since these are designed to adhere to side mirrors on RVs and other larger vehicles, they'll be able to weather the "elements" just fine. :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
You know, I was at Targét with my roomate this weekend buying auto accessories (he just bought a used Civic about a week before I got my E) and I was telling him about this 'fake fogs' idea. I was going to do it myself, but he talked me out of it. He said "it's better to look like the guy who opted not to buy the fogs, than the guy who couldn't afford the fogs but wants people to think he really got them." Guess I hadn't thought of it that way...

Drew

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have to agree with Drew and eMass on this. Mods are one thing, but fake anything is just that. I have to admire the original idea, tho, very creative...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, if I wanted fake fog lights I would have bought cheap-o foglights at a discount store like Target and just stuck them in. No, I have Curb mirrors! They aren't pertending to be anything! I can afford the lights just haven't got around to getting them, mirrors sure look better then what was there before! :roll:

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote:4e894995c7="Inmyelement"]Well, if I wanted fake fog lights I would have bought cheap-o foglights at a discount store like Target and just stuck them in. No, I have Curb mirrors! They aren't pertending to be anything! I can afford the lights just haven't got around to getting them, mirrors sure look better then what was there before! :roll:[/quote:4e894995c7]

Ok, I... uh... stand (sit, actually) corrected... I guess.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey there just two little mirrors...loosen up everybody...I thought I was being fun"E"! :D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts