Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered these through eBay they were 24 bucks + 8 for shipping/handling.

The experience: you get the feeling that things immediately in front of you are brighter and more intense - distance wise (in low beams) the throw didn't seem any longer - or shorter. A nice feeling all-in-all. Under high beams the throw seemed longer and more focused - same clean white/blue feeling you get in low beam just longer and more focused.

I don't really know how to describe it - it's not extreme night and day but it's much better IMHO. If I had to rate it as a percentage I'd say they're 30% better than stock. If you like the clean white look some may rate them even higher.

Of course an opinion is just that - an opinion. I shall not be held responsible blah blah blah blah.:wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not being up on such things, are these lights that you installed the blue-white headlights that everyone's been talking about lately? Your pics really show quite a difference. Is there any additional heat involved since I noticed the headlight lens cover is plastic. Don't want a melt-down! Otherwise, looks great!
8)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:8eeb2ea238="5thElement"]Not being up on such things, are these lights that you installed the blue-white headlights that everyone's been talking about lately? Your pics really show quite a difference. Is there any additional heat involved since I noticed the headlight lens cover is plastic. Don't want a melt-down! Otherwise, looks great!
8)[/quote:8eeb2ea238]

If you're talking about the Silverstars - these are not them but they do fall into the same category as the blu-white bulbs you mention.

No heat problems, no melting, just nice lights. :D

->eMass

·
Registered
23 Posts
EMass,

Those lights look really blue. Do they look blue from far or to oncoming traffic?? Here in the West Coast, we have a lot of "fake" HID drivers and the lights always look cheap and fake cuz of the Blue glow. I was looking at the PIAAs H4s, due to the more white light or there is a H4 aftermarket true HID kit available. It is a little more, but doesn't give the blue light effect.

-jds

·
Registered
204 Posts
I installed the silverstars and they are nice. The light is much whiter. It doesn't seem to 'throw' it out any farther, but I can still recommend them.

Peace,
-jdef

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote:23d35f2b70="Drop_E"]EMass,

Those lights look really blue. Do they look blue from far or to oncoming traffic?? Here in the West Coast, we have a lot of "fake" HID drivers and the lights always look cheap and fake cuz of the Blue glow. I was looking at the PIAAs H4s, due to the more white light or there is a H4 aftermarket true HID kit available. It is a little more, but doesn't give the blue light effect.

-jds[/quote:23d35f2b70]

These are sort of bluish - which I like but if you want ones that have less blue then buy the Silverstars.

Of course the only way to truly get a HID look is to actually buy HID's - even the best fake HID's won't fool anyone.

Cheers!
->eMass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts